GoD: Seeking 100 Blueprints Scripters

[TABLE=“align: left, cellpadding: 32”]

Project Title

Description
GOD of DREAMS is a Next Gen 3D FTPS/RPG MMO Sandbox & Asset Store powered by UnrealEngine 4. It was originally intended to be an Interactive 3D Playground to highlight TheGameDevStore.com Modular Assets. But, As Game Developers, we wanted to put more emphasis on ‘Game’.

GOD of DREAMS draws inspiration from [Playstation Home](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Home), [Garry’s Mod](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry%27s_Mod), [The Sandbox](https://www.sandbox.game/), [VR Chat](https://www.vrchat.net/), [Kingdom Hearts](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts), and several FPS games. Built on a [Multiplayer FTPS/RPG ‘Game Framework’](https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/got-skills-looking-for-talent/job-offerings/1444463-exorion-sci-fi-ftps-battle-kaiju-mutants-techno-terrorist-in-alien-powered-super-suit) providing several popular FPS Game Mode presets using modular game mechanics ([Mutators](https://api.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/UT3Mods.html#Mutators)), Players [collaboratively construct Environments and Entities](https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1560971-b-a-d-m-o-r-f-o-multiuser-3d-hyperbasher-edit-construct-build-customize-prefab-mod), play testing assets during game-play.

Players create and host “Dreamworlds” game world simulation servers to intermix different Themes, Art Styles, Game Mechanics. Dreamworlds are interconnected via “Transportals” in which Players transfer between Dreamworlds individually or in groups.

With this network architecture GOD of DREAMS will introduce the concept **Game World Simulation Interaction** (that is, to communicate data, and to synchronize actions), allowing different Game World simulations to dynamically merge content, game mechanics, players, etc. Players will be able to clone, modify, combine, extend sections of existing DreamWorlds to create new ones.

Traditional Games lock the content into their game world. Our Game, extends the content beyond our game world. Players can purchase any of the digital content within the game worlds for download/use on-demand at anytime.

Features: 			
  1. MMO (1000+ concurrent Users).
  2. FTPS/RPG Game Core:
  • Hyper-bashing: Collaborative Construction/Customization with Modular Parts: Characters, Armor Sets, Masks, Creatures, Weapons, Melee Weapons, Vehicles/Crafts, Machines, Architecture, Structures, Props,

• In-game Collaborative Level Designer, Missions/Quest Builder, & Story/Dialogue Building System.

• Procedural/Generative Content Systems for Environment and Entities.

• Mass Destruction and Dismemberment

• On-demand Vantage POV: Smooth transition between First Person to ThirdPerson to Cinematic Camera.

• In-game Portrait & Icon Creation System.

• Unified Projectile-based Combat System for Guns, Bows, Magic, Melee Weapons, Melee Attacks.

• Unified Jobs (Non-combat) Repetitive Tasks/Recycling Systems: Mining, Farming, Fishing. Lumbering, Hunting.

• Unified Inventory System: Attributes, Skills/Abilities, Weapons/Magic, and Equipment.

• Unified Text Console: Chat, Dialogue, Script/Macros, Bot Commands.

• Text/Voice Recognition and Synthesis.

• Mutators: Modular Game Mode Rules.

• Modular Puzzle Mechanics.

• Cash-Driven / Non-Cash Driven Tournaments: PvP & PvE

• Next Generation Behavioral Rules-based AI for Bosses, Soldiers, Zombies, Wildlife.

1. Full-service Shopping Mall/Marketplace: Virtual & Digital Goods Delivery.
  2. VR Support (HMD + Motion Controls): Massive Multiplayer Spectating, Procedural Railshooter Style Camera System, Voice Recognition.

Team Name
HEADLESS DREAMERS

Talent Required
We’re building a in-house Content Creation Team to support the GOD of DREAMS and promote the concept of Modular Asset Modding to new Vendors joining the Community.

The goal of establishing an in-house Content Creation Team is to influence high quality, high performance, and compatibility standards between Modular Parts Mods. Mods must be compatible with the base product they’re linked to.

Any and all game-ready assets produced by the team will be published to the website for immediate distribution, commission, and inspiration.

[SUP]Dreamworld Server/Client communicate to TheGameDevStore Server via Custom HTTP API providing in-app purchases / download management, matchmaking, scoreboards, and other online subsystem services.[/SUP][TABLE=“align: left”]
[TR]
[TD]State
Seats
Taken
Title
Tasks

OPEN
3D Character & Creature Parts Modelers
Creates Character and Creature Basebody and Organic Parts & Accessories Attachments.

OPEN
3D Mechanical Parts Modelers
Creates Mechanical Parts Parts & Accessories Attachments.

OPEN
Character Clothing/Armor Modelers
Creates Clothing Sets for Character Creatures.

OPEN
Character & Creature Animators
Creates Organic and Mechanical Mesh Parts Animations.

OPEN
Technical Artist
Creates High Quality Materials for new and existing Assets. Proficient in UE4 Material.

OPEN
Network Blueprints Gameplay Programmers
Create Modular Game Mechanics and Subsystems.

FILLED
Web API Developer
HTTP, PHP, Javascript, MySQL (To assist with Custom APIdevelopment; WordPress API Experience a Plus).

[/TD]
[/TR]

Compensation
With our compensation plan, our Developers will generate high percentage royalty (70%+) in a shorter time-frame because they do not have to wait on a finished to game product to receive royalties.

[SUP]This is far superior compensation model, compared to the traditional Royalty model that will only produce an avg 10% Royalty, if the product is[/SUP][SUP]ever[/SUP][SUP]completed and published.[/SUP]

Our Compensation Plan
  • 70% commission from product (base) sales
  • 20% commission from Mod sales. No limit to the number of Mods.
  • 90% (70% + 20%) commission on your own Mod sales.
  • Receive 20% Discount on purchasing Mods from other Creators for your Base Products at ( 20% commission) by default.

Website
https://thegamedevstore.com

Contact
Live Chat: HeadlessStudios.com
Email: admin@thegamedevstore.com
Interested in MMO Development? Join here.
Not interested in MMO, but, interested in selling Modular Assets? Register here.

Looks like a Pyramid Scheme to me. Pyramid scheme - Wikipedia

Okay maybe Pyramid Scheme is incorrect here.

Hello @DyotoOrion,

There NO attempt to recruit members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into a scheme. Please provide contact info and we’ll gladly send you more information on our amazing compensation plan.

I would reconsider the team name. It makes the offer look like a childish jest to be honest.

@Laurens After reconsideration, we agree. We’ve selected: HEADLESS DREAMERS.

Post Titles:

1. Why You Should Forget Everything You Learned About MMOs…
    Start 0 0 0
    Stop 43 responses 2,306 views 3 likes
  2. MMOs are Dead!
    Stop 53 responses 2,797 views 3 likes
  3. What is your Dream Game?
    Start 54 responses 2,857 views 3 likes
    Stop 0 0 0
  4. How to develop a FTPS/RPG MMO Sandbox single-handedly…
    Not tracked.
  5. Why You Should Forget Everything You Learned About Open World Games…
    Start 11/11/2019 54 responses 2,887 views 3 likes
    Stop 11/12/2019 53 responses 2,917 views 3 likes
  6. GoD
    Start 11/12/2019 53 responses 2,917 views 3 likes

For me, this is a dream come true…. I’m a hardcore advocate of modular entity construction. All of my game designs are based this methodology. I foresee in the very near future with increased processing speed and generative design, true High Density Modularity will become primary method of game and film real-time development. I’m starting now, adopting modular work flows and in-game construction techniques.

A few years back, I worked everyday on a Universal Modular Entity Construction Hierarchal System (UMECHS). The idea at the time, was to create a standardize library of interchangeable 3D parts for various types of 3D entities. UMECHS morphed into the Mystique Entity System.

To support Mystique Entity System, I realized I needed 3D Artists and a open marketplace where artist could publish various high quality interchangeable parts were Game Developers could customize the entities they wanted to purchase for use in their game. But why have a basic 2D website when the assets are 3D? Thus the concept of 3D Marketplace was born, the Hierarch Emporium. Unfortunately, this concept was put on the back-burner to pursue Dragons-Gold.

I have to admit the ‘God of Dreams’ could be unique MMO Sandbox mixing all the different art styles together.

Hey Techlord,

I’m sorry for suggesting it’s like a Pyramid Scheme, I think that was kind of unfair. Cos that’s not what it is exactly. What I was pointing to was the idea of Content Creators, buying and selling to and from each other. That’s the similarity I drew with a Pyramid Scheme.

But the problem is dude. Is that building things in this Modular way is - in my experience just not fun - for artists.

Yes modularity is a thing. But it takes vision, and creativity to make these things. Hence what you see on the Unreal Marketplace - yes there are lots of modular packs. But mostly they come in sets, which express an over all creative vision / idea of a scene or a character or some props.

Why would artists want to make assets for your store, when they can just make assets for the Unreal or Unity Marketplace, or Turbosquid or whatever.

It seems to me, your trying to combine a Game with an 3D Asset Store. While that is a novel idea… honestly… I cannot think of any reason why anyone would actually want to do that.

Either your making a Game. Or your making Assets to sell on a Storefront. But both? Hmm. I don’t know.

Personally, wouldn’t you just be better of making a Game? And ya know not trying to make an MMO on a royalty basis - cos ya know that stuff basically never works. :frowning:

And I’m not trying to discourage you. I’m just saying maybe try somin a little more realistic?

And honestly - everything I’ve learned about MMOs is that they are hard to make, and often fail. That’s what I’ve learned and I don’t wanna forget it, I wanna learn from it.

Sorry dude. Just my 10c.

Until you create this framework and prove its concept, it’s going to be an uphill battle. And I have to say the first few assets on your website are sub-standard, you need to see just how the products are made and presented on traditional 3D market places and at least have quality products setting the standard for others to draw inspiration from - especially the first few assets. Also, there is a good reason assets pertain to specific market places, i.e they are assets that are simply NOT interchangeable between engines and for those that are interchangeable, they needs to be set up with the engine specifics for that engine (are you doing that work?). Without that framework quoted above, you simply don’t have a reason at all to take any cut of an artists work.

Hello @DyotoOrion,

Apology accepted.

We agree that modular design requires more planning and time, but, it also produces greater variation and flexibility. We’ve personally faced the problem of uniqueness, variation, and customization options using Marketplace Content. There are plenty of modular Architecture/Environment packs to ‘kitbash’ levels of various design. As Artist, we favor kitbashing and generative techniques to create content.

However, we do not see such modular packs for “Primary” Assets that give one’s game distinction such as 3D Characters, Creatures, Weapons, Vehicles. A majority of these Primary Assets are distributed as whole pieces with few customization options and no extensions packs. Even for the few Character Creator packages in the Marketplace, Authors have not provided supplemental Clothing Packs to actually customize the characters themselves. The UE4 Marketplace does not support these types of dependencies.

We believe the solution to this problem is to give the Community the power to create mods for these products. We call it Community-Driven Asset Modding, and we’re building a Marketplace to support Content Creators and Game Developers who see the value in modular content and facilitate the exchange between them.

Our Compensation Plan (Commission Model) is based on conversations with Content Creators directly. A majority do NOT favor others creators using their work to create mods (derivatives) without compensation. In fact, it was often asked how our platform would compensate for derivatives, so we had to go back to drawing-board. Our solution, was to devise a Licensing System in which mod products are linked and automatically compensate Content Creator.

We refer to our multiplayer experience as a Online Multiverse (of Host Servers), but MMO is the more popular term. From our perspective, supporting 8 to 64 concurrent players is a potential MMO, its just a matter designing the back-end to scale up. In God of Dreams we’re dealing with significant art styles mixing, continuous content growth with that must be available at all times, and various game mechanics for play testing. A MMO Sandbox is better suited to handle these factors.

Hello @Djinghis ,

Your feedback is appreciated and we agree with you. The purpose of our recruitment post is to develop and test our concept / framework; concurrently produce and publish high quality assets to our marketplace to inspire.

Similar to many modern games, we are intermixing game concepts. Many games intermix game-play mechanics between other game-play mechanics. We’re intermixing game-play mechanics between game creation. Traditional Games lock the content into their game world. Our Game, extends the content beyond our game world.

Any and all game-ready assets produced by the team will be published to the website for immediate distribution, commission, and inspiration. UE4 Game Server/Client communicate to TheGameDevStore Server via Custom HTTP API providing in-app purchases / download management, matchmaking, scoreboards, and other online subsystem services.

With our compensation plan, our Developers will generate high percentage royalty (70%+) in a shorter time-frame because they do not have to wait on a finished to game product to receive royalties. This is far superior compensation model, compared to the traditional Royalty model that will only produce an avg 10% Royalty, if the product is *ever *completed and published.

The one thing that I like about this concept (and correct me if I’m wrong) is a MMO sandbox testing playground of the products listed, but the incentive for artists is simply not there. I already get 70% royalties with my store at https://www.cgtrader.com/ with potential of 80% if I up my quantity and quality, cgtrader gets around half a million visitors a day also. These are already low poly AR VR and sometimes 3D printable objects in many cases are drag and drop into an engine of your choice - they even sell UASSETS (not even sure they can legally). I believe that the “edits” required on most assets are so specific to that game/project that the new product would be worthless to most others, I’ve bought many products and created these changes from LODs/lightmaps/retopo/rigging and even re-texturing and in some cases I’ve spent more time modifying than the original creator spent making it from scratch.

I remember taking on a project a while back where I was offered 25 bucks to make a realistic skin and hair material on an existing stylised character in the UE4 marketplace, unfortunately the hair was not even unwrapped and the person who made the offer refused to understand that and said no edits of the model should happen - said thanks for your time and relisted the job except only offered 15 bucks. But I digress, the point is that modding has immeasurable cost and very little use beyond what you’re modifying it for. The most popular assets are the most compatible ones in my experience.

I can imagine some issues with artists and assmods on your business model.
Imagine an artist creates a fully rigged/morphed/textured and optimised anatomically perfect character that’s taken months and an assmod comes along and profits off it simply by making the hair purple like a 5 minute photoshop job, I imagine the artist would not be pleased. Just as one example. CGTrader/ TurboSqud and Epic marketplace have policies regarding re-sale, however in your case artists would have to sign off on those rights of copyright protection and enter a grey area of complete reverse engineering to blatant theft. Will you have any policies regarding to what extent of modification is too little? will the base artist have any say to a modified product based off their work?

Hello Djinghis,

Again, we appreciate your interest. Correct. God of Dreams is a MMO Sandbox testing playground of the products listed, but is also MMO Sandbox ‘Game’ to play in. We anticipate “Dreamworlds” (world map servers) to be populated by both Game Players, Game Developers, and Content Creators. A Social Nexus to play and create together. God of Dreams will provide the popular game mode presets and mutators in which new gamemodes can be created to entertain the Playerbase. By providing GameMode Mutators and ‘Tools’, players can craft their own games within Dreamworlds.

Allow me to clarify what a ‘mod’ is for TheGameDevStore.com. We consider Mods to be Modular 3D Mesh Parts/Pieces, Materials & Animation, Audio Sequences & Instruments, Script and Code Snippets & Add-ons/Plugins. In regards to 3D we do not accept single Meshes without Interchangeable Parts | Clothing | Materials.

One of the goals of establishing an in-house Content Development Team is to influence high quality, high performance, and compatibility standards between Modular Parts Mods. Mods must be compatible with the base product they’re linked to. Thus, we anticipate AssMods purchasing base assets to use as reference to create compatible mods for them (which in turn can potentially increase sales of ‘Base’ products.)

The ‘photoshop purple hair’ scenario you describe in the third paragraph is at the heart of our Licensing. Ensuring protection of Content Creators is our number one priority and for the business model to work, we must enforce it. We curate all Products with inspection and testing to ensure quality, compatibility, and copy differentiation (no direct copy). We will reject submissions that are not significant derivatives as our purpose is to provide Game Developers significant customization options.

In the example of the ‘photoshop purple hair’, the ‘texture’ asset would be distributed independently as a ‘hair’ mod. The character base asset would be distributed separately. We do intend to support ‘bundles’ in which base and mods can be bundled together virtually as a single package, but in all cases the commission split between base/mods remains the same.

From our perspective, unless an exclusivity agreement between Content Creator and Marketplace is made, Content Creators are free to publish in multiple Marketplaces. We believe its advantageous for content creators to diversify distribution outlets to ensure a decent exposure footprint across the global marketplace, the world wide web.

This is what I mean.

After revisiting the UDK UMECHS & Mystique Entity post, I’ll be implementing a modern version of a Entity Construction Standard in GOD of DREAMS: The Morpheus Entity. It will be designed with a direct relationship to BAD*MORFO Real-time, Multi-user - Level & Entity Construction System and Modular Workflows. I’m open to any discussion from 3D Modeler/Animators with Modular Workflow / Kitbashing experience.

[TABLE]

Lobby WIP
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Bm3fx0qoz3Q

[TABLE]

WordPress Online Subsystem API for HTTP (WooSaH)

Provides API for Online Subsystem Services in which UE4 Game Server/Clients communicate your directly with your WordPress-powered Website.

Online Subsystem Services: 			
  1. User Authentication

2. Presence

3. Server Presence & Matchmaking

4. Friends Lists

5. Tournaments: Tiered Leaderboards

6. Achievements

7. Store (via WordPress Woocommerce](https://thegamedevstore.com)eStore Plugin.) & Purchase (In-Game and Online.)

8. Licenses

WooSaH is being designed with the highest priorities on Security, Performance, Flexibility, and Developer-friendliness, respectively. All operations dealing with sensitive data and anti-cheat mechanisms are handled securely on WooSaH Contests Servers. WooSaH is flexible enough to work along side other Online APIs on the Client-side and provides an interface to popular Web-based API’s for Steam, Facebook, Google Play, GameJolt, others, thorough TheGameDevStore.com on the back-end.

[TABLE]

Developing a custom Content Streaming Solution to support High Performance Game World Simulation Interaction. Game World Simulation Interaction is intercommunication between World Servers to synchronize actions, clone | merge audio/visual content, game mechanics, players, etc.

The Custom Content Streaming solution is comprised of two systems: Multi-user Quest Building System and Occlusion-LOD Manager. 			
  1. The Quest System is built atop of the Multi-user Construction System, which is a Glorious 3D Placement & Attachment Tool that spawns-orientates-attaches-destroys 3D Objects. We use 3D Objects to represent Interactive Actor Classes {parameter meta-data}.

The Representation is coupled to the Parameters using simple 'name' to object reference. This allows all the operations of [Construction System](https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1560971-real-time-multi-user-level-building-character-customization-weapon-vehicle-assembly-100-bp/page2) to be applied to the Actor’s Representation. Additional In-game GUI Forms are used to modify Actor’s Parameters, displaying WYSIWYG results in real-time.

The Construction System spawn-manipulate-destroy all 3D Environment and Entities in the Map at run-time. So the world initially starts empty,  

All Object Data is saved/loaded in JSON format for local/remote transfer-storage-manipulation. This is vital to achieving Game World Simulation Interaction.

2. The Occlusion-LOD Manager procedurally controls the visibility, tick update, and network updates with consideration to players viewing distance and performance at runtime (based on rendering & processing budgets). It works with UnrealEngine’s Occlusion optimization, precomputed visibility volumes, and LOD methods if used.

But its primary purpose is to provide event-driven occlusion similar to level streaming, Object Pool management (think infinite runner levels), Placeholder Management, and occlusion-LOD management of modular parts attached to entities.

[TABLE]

Transportal WIP. The Transportal is a Trigger Actor that activates a servertravel to transfer Players to other Dreamworld Servers. In this demo, we transfer from Test Map #1 to a Map #2.
TRANSPORTAL: GOD of DREAMS Next Gen 3D FTPS/RPG MMO Sandbox & Asset Store powered by UE4. - YouTube

The Network Design of God of Dreams FTPS RPG Sandbox MMO. For months I’ve been developing BAD*MORFO Multi-user 3D Hyperbasher a Real-time, Multi-user - Level Building, Character Customization, Weapon & Vehicle Assembly System. I will be integrating BAD*MORFO at the core of the G.o.D, working towards achieving functional:

1. Game World Simulation Interaction (that is, to communicate data, and to synchronize actions), allowing different Game World simulations to merge content, game mechanics, players, etc.
  2. Multiple Client Types Support (Multiple Genre Clients on a Single Game World Server)

How BAD*MORFO will accomplish World Merging is with multi-user modular assembly using a custom HTTP JSON API to send construction/destruction between HTTP Servers (DreamRealm) and Game World Servers (DreamWorlds). The DreamRealm will serve as intermediate process and proxy server between UE4 Servers facilitating the communication between DreamWorld Servers.

Modular design allows any UE4 MMO Server that incorporates BAD*MORFO at core can use HTTP API to re-construct assembly of the world’s content if instantiated with the API.

Multiple Client Types will achieved by allowing the user to customize and select what ruleset of input/output and customize their GUI. The “Dreamworld” Server that contain the ruleset and content to be played. (It will interconnect Dreamworlds through Transportals dependent on server poplulation. This is concept is not new, but treated and presented as a Multiiverse.)

On-demand selection of various First Person/Third Person camera perspectives is a step in the correct direction. Many game genres are defined by their primary perspective, but what if there is no automatic limitation. By giving the player the ability to create their own filter (aka limitation) Multiple Client Types/ One World are achievable. There are different types of First Person as there are Third Person. In the middle there are Second Person Perspectives.

Geez, I didn’t understand a thing, but it seems complex XD too much for my artist mind