Glowing decals

I am wondering where to start when it comes to making a blood splatter decal that glows. I kind of have a understanding of decals but what would be some efficient ways to create something like this:

Reference for the decal

Reference for the glow

350238-tumblr-ozq4uulwdq1wfve82o1-500.png

Hi,

I am a big fan of Halo and I really like the grunt blood from their games, so I hope you are able to achieve this effect. I recommend you watch the following tutorials that cover blood decals and general material knowledge.

What I believe you need is to create a blueish blood-like decal that contains emissive properties so that they are able to glow as desired. I hope these videos will point you in the right direction, and good luck :)

Just multiply the albedo and plug it into the emissive:

I have’t had a chance to revisit this yet but Thank you, this will definitely help.

I gott ask, you have answered several of my questions. How’d you build your confidence with Unreal Engine? Do you work with it as a job or have you just put the time in?

They are definitely a good start. Thank you :slight_smile:

Put the time in :wink:

I remember, when I started, the engine had a learning curve like driving a Ferrari into a brick wall.

I only know about the areas I use ( I wrote: Zof on Steam ). And I know nothing about all the other parts :slight_smile: