Getting an error when launching a pre-made project related to Lumen being enabled even though it isin't

Every single time I launch into this project, I get the error, “Lumen is enabled, but has no ray tracing data and wont operate correctly.” Gives me the options to turn on software or hardware ray tracing but I just want to keep screen space. I’ve disabled every ray tracing/lumen related setting in the project settings and im still getting this error. Only way I can hide it is typing in “disableallscreenmessages” but that interferes with my print scripts, technically I can also just enable ray tracing but then my performance tanks. The specific level I preloaded is Epic’s Unreal learning kit for unreal engine 5.0, please help out.

Hey mate, you have to go to project prefs, and search for raytrace, the proceed to enable lumen raytrace and support raytracing. Hope it helps

3 Likes

Be sure you DON’T have

r.DistanceFields.SupportEvenIfHardwareRayTracingSupported=0

In your DefaultEngine.ini file. That was my issue. Otherwise turn Hardware Raytracing ON (unless you have more than 100k foliage elements).

This same happened to me when I added asset from marketplace to a project which had Lumen disabled. The asset was made with Lumen enabled, and map which gave the error had a PostProcessVolume with Lumen set as method for Global Illumination and Reflection.

The error disappeared immediately when I removed Lumen from those settings, but PostProcess volume needed in that case some additional fine tuning to look good without Lumen.

2 Likes

Thanks bro
I was having same issue
Such a nice help