Get Bounds of Static Mesh Asset Without Loading It

I’m wondering if it is possible to get the bounds of a static mesh asset without actually loading it. I’m hoping to use these dimensions to choose assets to place into a given restricted space depending on their size. However, this is inefficient to do if I have to load the assets first. Since loading high poly meshes can take several seconds or more, I would like to find a way to load only the assets that the algorithm actually ends up placing.

I know that it’s possible to see the “approximate size” of any static mesh asset in the editor. But is there a way to get this data in c++ without actually just loading the object using LoadObject or StaticLoadObject?

Nope, but you can save the Data you are interessted in separatly. Usually you would do this with a little script that Loads all Assets and saves the Size and a identifier of your choosing (Mesh Name, package path, etc.). Than you load that instead. You got to run that script everytime you add/delete/change the assets once to keep it updated.