Game not started on Server

Hello, this is my first post because I’m a bit confused as to what I’m doing wrong. I’m trying to get sessions to work, but it doesn’t exactly allow me to start a game. The server doesn’t have a player (as I think a server shouldn’t have), but this seems to prevent the dedicated server from actually starting the (online) game, even though the Log actually shows that the game has begun playing.

I’m using the first person example map (with no model for a character yet). The host follows all the steps of the Sessions tutorial that is online (A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Unreal Engine Forums), I also looked at ShooterGame example but there’s too much noise in that project to single out what I need to do exactly. I want a persistent server so I just want a single session so I don’t need most of the code provided in that example, nor do I need different maps for that matter. The server should start only one map and run that one.

I didn’t feel like creating a master server yet so I created two batch files, one of them is a server and the other is the client. I used the following link to get it to work:

In my .bat files:

Server:
“A:\Epic\UE_4.23\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe” “A:\Projects\TEST\TEST\TEST.uproject” /Game/FirstPersonCPP/Maps/FirstPersonExampleMap.umap -server -log -NOSTEAM -NOPAUSEONSUCCESS

Client:
“A:\Epic\UE_4.23\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe” “A:\Projects\TEST\TEST\TEST.uproject” 192.168.178.27:7777 -game -ResX=800 -ResY=600 -WinX=0 -WinY=20 -log -NOSTEAM -WINDOWED -NOPAUSEONSUCCESS

Log from the server

Client is in spectator mode (which seems logical of course), but I can’t run my game (and start porting offline logic to online logic). Any pointers as to what I’m doing wrong? I also understand that I can’t start a session that isn’t actually going on. It seems to be following the steps but I’m missing something because the editor does actually connect to server and client and start the game when I run a dedicated server.

P.S.

Sorry for the wall of text, could give code examples, but they are almost identical copies of the wiki.

Managed to figure it out. Noticed that UE likes to keep GameSession as a session name. If you customize stuff remember to change all the Name_GameSession and “GameSession” you can find in the code to your own custom session names.