Game has possibly never seen Discover even though "everything gets a chance"

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Publishing

Summary

We published a LEGO game and from what we can see on our end with tools available is that it has not seen discover on any page. I reached out during a live stream and asked this. “Do you know what we can do if our game has never been put in discover?” [For context it was a LEGO game we are addressing during the LEGO livestream.

“Definitely uh reach out, you can reach out to me dm me sometimes there’s some weird bug once in a very slim while but most of the time its just something that’s on the backend that needs to be adjusted on your end. so we can definitely take a look.” -Kalishane

To me, that sounded like Epic has a “bug” they know about that causes games to not get shown in discover. Since creators have minimal tools to verify this, it seems like Kalishane was saying Epic knows about this bug and I need to reach out to see if Im effected or maybe it was something else in my Island. So I did indeed reach out only to not get a response until posting on social media about it. So I’m here now and would like to have some insight on if our game has ever seen discover or if our plays are purely coming from promoting the game ourselves. Island Code is 4366-0262-2151. REALLY would appreciate some answers on this, especially if it’s something on our end that we need to change in the game.

Steps to Reproduce

make a game in UEFN, publish it and hope you can tell whether or not there is a bug on epics end that’s effecting games from being shown.

Expected Result

Publish a game, have it shown in discover for the alotted time that Epic says they put games in discover for.

Observed Result

Published our game and have have not seen any analytics showing we were featured.

Platform(s)

Personal Computer.

Island Code

4366-0262-2151

Additional Notes

We are not the only creators this is happening to.

Thanks for reporting here! Sharing with the team to take a look!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

It’s the weekend, so we most likely won’t hear back until Monday. But they’re on it.

1 Like

I watched that steam and i remember you asking that. Such a small world. I remember because my map also has never been on discover.

My map was one of the first that actually worked on day 2 having played the majority in discovery and it never got on discovery instead discovery was filled with games that made no sense and never worked. ie spawning outside the map or 1v1 that has 20 people in it with no building materials.

My map code is

9564-4210-8007

I didn’t feel like making a point of asking but since ive read your comment i thought id also mention mine incase its a Lego issue.

1 Like

The status of FORT-738505 incident has been moved from ‘Ready for QA’ to ‘Closed’. Resolution Reason: ‘Fixed’

1 Like

Similar issues reported:

Even introduction of search does not help since players (especially console players) avoid it when choosing the next game to play.

1 Like

Just wanted to update you guys, it is now being shown in the LEGO discover category! I appreciate you help getting this issue resolved! Looking forward to making updates on this game!

Here you go: https://fortnite.gg/island?code=4366-0262-2151
That is your island’s statistics. It’s been in Discovery 5 times between April 27th and May 1st. Each time it was in Discovery for 40 minutes or slightly longer. That’s normal for most islands. The island only got a maximum of 8 players at a time. That’s very low. So yeah… low player turn out causes the game to go out of discovery. You need to keep in mind that last year there was only around 5000 Creators. Today there’s over 24,000 Creators. Not every island will make it into Discovery. Then when n Island does it’s usually short bursts of time over a few days. Then it’s basically all over if the game doesn’t catch fire. Some islands catch fire and are featured 24 hours a day for weeks, months, or years because they remain popular for that amount of time. If you get an island in Discovery for even nearly 24 hours a day for 2 weeks you are lucky and are on the right track.

Yeah, happy it has finally been given a chance. According to Epic every game gets a certain amount of time shown in discover. We published this game the day LEGO UEFN creations became available and if I hadnt brought it to Epics attention, it probably would never have been shown. Thankful to those who helped get this issue sorted. I hope other creators aren’t being effected by this bug too and if they are they need to report it here on the forum! Some discover tabs/rows arent shown on Fortnite.gg according to KentitoRollins. (https://twitter.com/KentitoRollins) Luckily LEGO games are shown in the LEGO category so we were very easily able to see this game was never shown to anyone until now! Could be very hard to detect this happening and easy to just brush it off as your game didnt get enough plays because the small audience it was shown to isnt tracked by fortnite.gg.

Hope that clears this up for people in the future!

1 Like

That’s only browse section not discover. Map wasn’t in any of the “New” categories.

oof, yeah didnt see that it was only browse…

Looks like I was mistaken and fortnite.gg was showing browse information and not discover info. :crossed_fingers: that this can be fixed!

I dont believe this issue has been fully resolved. We are showing in the browse section on fortnite.gg but not in the discover section at all.