Free UE4 Multiplayer Template Project - Listen Server, Steam

Does this work for 4.23?

yes. Just go on Discord Server and try it

Hi, i want to ask you:
1-with these can i create a multiplayer over the internet,for example: if i make a game with listen server, and i send a friend a copy he can connect to my game if i gave him my ip?
2-I need other plugin or anything to make this proyect and modifications to work?

does this work for 4.25?

Just as a quick information… i wandted to try this out with 4.26 and wasn’t able to recompile the project. Among the Errors why the recompilation didn’t work was the Advanced Sessions Plugin. So i removed it from the projekt folder and it did recompile properly and i was able to open it. After recompiling and re-saving everything i guess you can download the latest Advanced Session Plugin and pul it back in project folder if you need to…

Note:
Unless you are packaging your project for anything different than Windows the Advanced Session Plugin CAN but does not NEED to be in the Project Folder. Mine is allways in the plugins folder of the Engine itself. The only thing you have to do with this method is to manually enabel the plugin in the Plugin Settings when starting a new projekt. I htink wenn you put it in the project folder it is enabled by default.

After that there was only one little thing. The GameInstance Icon showed a weird message like “Class not found” or something. Just double click to open it, perform the operation from the popup and recompile the GameInstance Blueprint. After that everything was running smoothly… at least for me, hope for other now as well.

Lastly…
BIG THANKS to hamaro02…
Everytime i tried a Multiplayer Setup over Steam i only was abel to host from certain PCs but not from others. With this i’m abel to host from everywhere. I don’t know what you did differently but i thake a look at you set up and check it out.

Thanks mate!

Were you able to connect between two different Internet connections over Steam?. I managed to pack the project with UE4 v4.26 as you explained in your comment. Then I opened the game in two different PCs with two different steam accounts and two different internet connections. In one of them i hosted the server but in the other PC i am unable to find any server.

Hello, Is there any way for it to be used in 4.25 and 4.23?

i’m trying to compile it in newer versions, if someone reach to make same thing tell ms :smiley:

until 4.23 all works fine, but if i try to upgrade to 4.24 i have this error

<Target Name=“Build” DependsOnTargets=“PrepareForNMakeBuild;ResolveReferences;GetTargetPath;$(PreNMakeBuildTarget)” Returns="$(NMakeManagedOutput)">
<VCMessage Code=“MSB8005” Type=“Warning” Arguments=“NMakeBuildCommandLine” Condition="’$(NMakeBuildCommandLine)’==’’"/>
<Exec Command="$(NMakeBuildCommandLine)" Condition="’$(NMakeBuildCommandLine)’!=’’"/>
</Target>

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3075 The command “H:\epic\UE_4.24\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat MultiplayerTemplateEditor Win64 Development -Project=“H:\epic\projects\MultiplayerTemplate\MultiplayerTemplate.uproject” -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. MultiplayerTemplate C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\WDExpress\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 44

someone know something?

How can I load this to UE 4.26?

Hi, this project is no longer available, can you send it to me?