[FREE] ThirdPerson Action Platformer

It works really fine :slight_smile: Thanks

Ohh yes I was take ur pm thanks my teacher

Thank you for your sharing, but the latest version 1.1 canā€™t be download at the link怂 :eek:

Hi @anonymous_user_562da4bb,

Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s going on with the link. When I click on it it takes me to the download page and I havent made any changes to my MediaFire account. What happens when you click on the link? Does it say file not found?

Try this direct link and see if it works - http://www.mediafire.com/file/9g4srupiwmseo9h/APTemplate_V1_1.zip

You have an ad blocker turned on. Turn it off temporarily to access it. Same thing happened to me.

@ God Bless you!!!

Glad you found it useful :slight_smile:

Hello, Can I use your project for commercial?
If not, I can offer money for it.

Hi @Verstinyon,

Yes, you can use the template for a commercial project as long as you use it as a ā€œbaseā€ for your game (meaning develop new features, etc on top of it). Please donā€™t just change the character and publish as a game on Steam Direct :P.

With that said, if you do make a commercial game, a mention would be nice, but not required :).

Thanks for checking!

Really love this stuff!! judged on your blueprint you are very professional one! I will learn a lot form you asset Thanks a lot

Thank you so much!

Thanks CryDead! Let me know if you have any questions when looking at the BPs :slight_smile:

Youā€™re welcome. Good luck on your project! :smiley:

@ After i studied your climbing system which was very useful (along with watching Peter Lā€™s tutorial) I adaped it all and doing with my project just that I found a major problem with thisā€¦
When my player climbing on roughness wall or very angle turning point, No matter how heigh of the wall my character just quickly sliding down to the ground as fast as like teleport! after itā€™s reaching the top or messed up line trace detection and Itā€™s got no damage at all, I want my character to fall down to death if they messed up, Could you please guide me how to work on this?

One more thing, Where you learn ledge climbing from? Itā€™s work better than wall climbing maybe iā€™ll move to use those instead

Thank you so much!

Hi CryDead,

If you modified the Blueprints, can you please include a screenshot of the new graph so I know whats going on?

Iā€™m not in my dev computer, but going by memory, there is an event already under the ragdoll section of the code that kills the player based on velocity (if you fall from very high). You can try using this and see if it works for you. Otherwise, you can use Event Landed and then calculate the velocity to determine if you want to kill player (call Event Dead) or not :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Nothing complicated just as same as Peter L 's version, I noticed that your blueprint has added many function in it and yet i didnā€™t try to put it all in mine project yet.
Thanks for your advice iā€™ll try again and see if itā€™s work :smiley:
Take care!

Edit* Just fixed the fast falling itā€™s because my game has a slope movement thatā€™s why itā€™s fall so fast from a very angle wall

Good to hear you got it fixed :D. Yeah I took Peterā€™s tutorial and added a few things to suit my original project. As long as it gets the job done, right? Anyways, let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

Hey, I played it and the feeling was awesome first, but then I found outā€¦ there are no animations. Please help me

Hi VIRTUAL_LIFETIME,

The animations were mostly taken from Mixamo.com and Kuboldā€™s AnimSet pro. The animations from Mixamo are free (still) I believe. Unfortunately, I cannot include them in the template for legal reasons :/. However, Im learning to make animations myself and I have an update planned where I replace all animations with custom animations that are included.

In the meantime, get the animations from Mixamo and take a look at the animation BP - everything is already setup, so all you need to do is create the Blendspaces and add the clips :slight_smile:

I have a quick question. What Mixamo animations do I download and where do I place them? Are Mixamo anims the only anims needed?

Hi Kumareal,

I used animations from different sources (Mixamo, Kulboldā€™s AnimSet Pro, and others). From Mixamo, search for ā€œShimmyā€ for the edge grabbing and ā€œRope climbā€ for the vine climbing (there are 2 versions).

To set up the animations, look into ā€œ2D blendspacesā€ for things like the edge bragging (3 animations - going left, idle, going right). Look through the thread where I show I picture of one of my blendspaces!).

This is the first project I shared with the community and its due for an update soon. I am working with someone to try and get custom animations for all movements! If this works out, the next update should include all animations and blendspaces setup - basically allowing everything to work out of the box :D. I cant promise when this will happen but its coming as soon as I get the animations. Im also hoping to add a few more things like menus and new abilities.

I hope to have more news on the update soon. Stay tuned!