[FREE] ThirdPerson Action Platformer

Combat system ?:rolleyes:
Something can be taken from CouchKnight

Hi i downloaeded now. But i have a question. How can we chage the speed of ladder climb. Because its too slow and animation replays and going again down(i clicked already root animation) . Can u show with a printscreen from your original blueprint?

Hi @Neodinznak,

Combat would be a big addition. I havent looked at the couch knight project but will check it out.

@ you just made me realize that I didn’t include a speed parameter for the ladder climb OR the vine climbing :P. Luckily is very easy to add:

1. Go to the Movement section and look for the “Set distance along spline for ladder” section

2. Create a new Float variable and name it “LadderClimbSpeed” with a default value of 1.

3. Now take LadderClimbSpeed and multiply it by the Axis value and add the results to the DistanceAlongLadder variable like in the screenshot
    Basically you are replacing the Axis value with the result of Axis value * LadderClimbSpeed

4. Now change the LadderClimbSpeed value to see a speed change. This is percent increase / decrease, so if you want to go at normal speed, make this 1. If you want to increase by 50%, make the value 1.5. If you want to decrease the speed by 50%, make value 0.5, etc.

Thanks , it works now really good,But i couldnt change speed of edge and zipline too :frowning:

Hi @,

The zipline already has a speed parameter you can change. Select the zipline actor in the world and take a look at the properties panel:

2296b3cf56eea6d47fd9b9aca63d41a853936e5d.jpeg

To change the speed of the edge climb you need to make a similar change to the Character BP:

1. Create a new Float variable called “EdgeMovingSpeed” and put it in the Player Stats section with a default value of 1.

2a960d5c878bb55e7baf5b6fac0d6864406a18d6.jpeg

1. Go to the Movement section of the blueprint and look for the InputAxis MoveRight (at the bottom). Then look for these graphs:

Go to each graph and make the following changes:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Now change the EdgeMovingSpeed value to 2 for twice as fast or 0.5 for half the speed! :smiley:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Thank you. There is too much stuff , i couldnt find it yesterday ,Thank you :slight_smile: They work really good for me. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
One more question;
example, Is it possible first click E than use ledge,zipline stuff like your ladder system?

Thank you for updating.

Hi ,

Yes its fairly easy to do.

Take a look at the vine code here as an example:

The idea is that once the player enters the trigger, variable ‘IsClimbingVine’ is set to true. This is a STATE variable used for the animation and to drive vine climbing behavior. Your goal is to change the vine code so it sets a new variable that allows the player to press ‘E’ to then set ‘IsClimbingVine’ to true.

So if we take a look at the ladder example (you need to press ‘E’ to climb):

Go to INTERACT PRESSED like in this image and look at the climb on ladder code

Open the graph and notice what Im doing:

On the green Im checking whether the player CAN climb the ladder if he presses ‘E’
On the red, Im setting the actual STATE to climbing the ladder

So now lets assume you want the player to press ‘E’ to climb vine.

1. On the Character BP create a new variable and name it "CanClimbVine’ as a bool.
  2. Go to the ClimbingVine BP and change SET ‘IsClimbingVine’ to SET ‘CanClimbVine’
  3. Now go to INTERACT PRESSED and add another node to sequence.
  4. This new sequence will have a new branch that will check whether ‘CanClimbVine’ is true. If true, then SET IsClimbingVine’ to true (this is the exact same as the image above).

This is the case for the zipline and edge as well. Follow this example and you can change those as well.

Hopefully I explained the logic clearly here. Let me know if you still need some help.

Thanks!

Thank you. it works with this logic but when i climb vine for one time and afterthat going 100km far away and click again “e”, character is snapping this vine :smiley:
Sorry i ask too much but first i try ,when i cannot fix than i ask you :confused:
For swimming; When i click just for one second, character goes too much forward(not about speed but its like sliding ), also when i jump in water, charachter goes too much deep. And it is really hard to handle the character in water. I tried change something but i dont want a break the system :smiley:

I’ll try this out once I’m done my current project but 2 suggestions I have are:

• Flying ability
  • pushing/pulling boxes with optional maximum weight (could be a simple IsThisTooHeavy? boolean or more complex if you’re up for it :wink: )

Hi @,

I forgot to include that part on my previous post. You have to make CanClimbVine false when you jump or get off the vine.

Here’s how to do it:

Go to the Vine Events graph:
5321f47c66b7d5cc7cdfb7ed775660eb1e819647.jpeg

Go to the “If Player gets to start of spline” section and SET CanClimbVine to false (red square)

Now go to the Jump section and open the ‘Jump while on vine’ graph:

Set CanClimbVine to fase where the red square is:

Do the same for the zipline and edges and you should be good to go :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!

Hey @Ovr,

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll consider them for the next update :slight_smile:

So let me get this straight? This community member was cool and amazing enough to give this out for free… You just thought what? this would be a good place to advertise your worthless system that doesn’t work, you don’t update and you don’t help with? Am I correct in assuming that is your thinking “UEHERO”?

For new updates,which i also need ( :smiley: ) maybe you could make this ;
-Ceiling grab and go monkey style

• Updates for ladder ,swim and ledge for the climb up animations.
  • Box push and pull .
    -Door with key.

The Pack contains 2 Systems + Video Tutorials, if you have followed them and downloaded the animations it will work, i don’t understand is it that hard, plus Parkour system is different from the one on this page, so i figured since we’re talking TPS then i can share my project with others, that’s it.

Oh man thank you very much! I love your work here!

What do I need to use here?

Hi ,

I’ll consider these for the next update. Have you found good transition animations I can use? What about an animation for the monkey style ceiling grab? If I don’t have an animation to test its harder to implement :slight_smile:

Btw, I PMed you about the Blendspace issue you were having - let me know if it fixes your issue!

You are very welcome Thiago!

Hi omurul60,

I PMed you the answer, but will post here in case anyone else is having the same issue.

Basically I cannot include the animations with my free pack because of legal issues. Most animations are available for free at Mixamo.com. Others you see on the video are from Kubold’s AnimSet pro (you can buy on the Marketplace) and other sources.

The animation BP is fully set up so all you need to do is create the blendspaces and plug the inputs. Once you plug the BS or animation, everything should work instantly.

Here are pictures of the blendspace Im using for edge grabbing - the animation is “Shimmy” from Mixamo:

Hope this helps!