[FREE] ThirdPerson Action Platformer

Is it possible to give the rope Physics, to be able to swing when climbing it?

Hi Cmcginn,

Unfortunately, the way Im doing the rope climbing doesn’t allow for rope physics. If I wanted to do it, I would look into the cable component and have physics enabled - similar to the way Im doing the grapple swinging.

Its a good idea for improvement - might look into it for the next update :slight_smile:

Dude, you’re from India? Mediafire upload location says India. I didn’t expect you to be Indian. lol. I am Indian too. lol
Never mind. Your youtube voice says you’re American. lol

Nice work, it’s good to use it as a starting point for you games, I suppose.

Thats strange that it shows the upload location as India - but as you already figured out, Im in the US :).

Thank you!

I added Mario’s Ground Pound attack to the engine.

You may or may not want to implement it.

Edit:
Doesn’t look as good with Epic skeletion scale. Looks a lot better with mario. lol
Looks like Mario floats in the air before doing a pound. Need to find a way to implement it.

Edit:
I kinda added the stop for sometime in the air. It has some flaws with the animation.

Also your jump animation seems to be higher than the original character’s which is causing some wierdness. I don’t know if Epic ones are like that.
For example the jump animation doesn’t change sometimes when on the floor (a bug?) and the character is a bit in the air instead of being on the floor.

Hey kumareal,

Thanks for the suggestion - Im thinking of features for the upcoming update, so I may add something similar if it makes sense :). One suggestion, make sure you tick “Override Z” on Launch Character so Mario stops going up immediate and slams down!

As far as the animations, Im using the standard Epic jumping animation, so not sure whats going on there. If your character is floating while standing, look at the size of the collision capsule for the CharacterBP and adjust the size so the character’s feet are on the ground.

Hope this helps!

Cool. I instead implemented the second system where the character stops immediately (goes into idle anim) and stays in the air for some time and them does a Ground Pound. I’ll keep z override in mind if I decide to use the direct ground pound.

BTW there is a paid Platformer template coming on the marketplace. The seller says it’s due for approval.

Hello actually thanks for your help but there is one question the climbing ladder and crawl animations are present (I think) but are not working can you help me fix it

https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/community-content-tools-and-tutorials/1361031-updated-v2-free-cmu-mocap-animation-library-2500-retargeted-to-ue4-skeleton

These are all free animations to modify and redistribute. Just can’t sell the animation themselves, only embedded like mixamo requires.

The guy who converted them said some of them are low quality but some are good. Although I didn’t see a rope climb.

Either way these should be good place holders and then just put notes/comments for people to download the appropriate mixamo/marketplace for a higher quality animation if desired.

Hi Ghost 39,

What problem are you seeing? What engine version are you using? I will be updating the template with new features soon and will update it to a newer version (right now its 4.12.5).

Thanks for the link @Gallonmate!

I haven’t seen this yet! I have one fellow dev that is willing to help me with the animations, so if it all works out, I should get some animations that already work with the template. Otherwise, I’ll take a look at these and see what I can find :slight_smile:

This looks great!

Hi there,

Thank for that cool package to learn from and is there any chance it will work with 4.16.3?

Hey @pixelquaternion! It should work fine on 4.16 as far as i know. Just open it in 4.16 and the project will be automatically converted :slight_smile:

Thank a lot for the quick answer and so far i must admit the people here are really helpful and friendly!

No problem:). I joined the community 1.5 years ago and got amazing support from a lot of people. Im just glad i can give some of that back to the community :D.

Let me know if you have any questions about the template!

cheers!

What… or rather how many animations would you require if you still need/want them? :slight_smile: Im going to be giving basic animations away on a do what you like with them basis with tutorials so your welcome to those… but there is only 2 punching animations right now.

I kind of just want to make stuff! and i want other people to make use of , learn from and enjoy those things… so by request i could make you… (if you havn’t already got the animations sorted) Basic animations… 10 in a day or 2… or there’s Accurate “i cant believe its not mo-cap” animations… 10 of those could take weeks… OR i could stop what im supposed to be working on, go into this project and make you a tutorial for how to make the animations you need… recording could take a while but its do-able :slight_smile: If you need any basic custom meshes (skeletal or static) i could build/rig/texture/import them as well :smiley: i can do materials as well but im not amazing with unreal lighting and im not strong at all in C++

Also over the next few months i plan to make some blueprint tutorials and cover a lot of character logic (some you have in here already) which might fit in well with this project, and id be honoured if you used anything i make!

At the moment i have a basic physics setup that would make a good start to a component based combat system… im going to expand on it a lot in the future… but that might conflict/replace Jonas Mølgaard’s tutorial (I learned from that one as well but i have found many workarounds for some issues and have fine tuned the whole simulation process into events for a few reasons)

My YouTube channel that’s just starting to grow a little is here

The forum post where ill share my tutorials and animation downloads is here

I hope i can be of some use in the future!

Thank you so much for the offer [USER=“537510”]Jim Kroovy[/USER]! I may take you up on that in the near future :). I finally got custom animations that should (hopefully) cover most of my needs but havent had the time to really look at them and try to implement them. My goal is to have all the abilities in the template have free (shareable) animations so when people download the project everything works as seen in the videos.

I was also limited to what abilities I could implement based on the animations I could find - so having someone willing to share custom animations means I can add even more abilities :D.

I’m super busy atm, but will soon get around to updating this template. I will message you if I need help :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the help!

Hey there !
I have this one question!
how can i reset a whole stream level and put all actors and matinee in place and still back to last checkpoint?