[FREE] Hair Material

I can’t see any wrong in your Gradient Function, if you right click in the Output Gradient node and select “Start Previewing Node” can you see the gradient?

This is the material without mask, it is like yours :slight_smile:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4817133/UnrealForums/MaterialWithoutMask.png

I am actually seeing the gradient in the instance… but the preview in the material has no gradient like yours does. Well, whatever. Not going to complain. I guess all is working now that I understand more of what’s going on. Thanks again. :3

Old on the left…silky smooth on the right…
94995e8c10ff0c163e660d380a74679aaaaa2299.jpeg

it’s set up right now for “3rd person hack slash” distance so it does not look so great up close…I’ll likely dynamically change the variables based on camera distance in the future…

Thanks again…

I finally got to copy the material on the editor and after saving a few times I closed the editor and then it was gone.

dammit.

This is awesome! Thank you

Very nice and a huge Thank You.

Looks great :slight_smile:

What values do I need to put for gradient hardness, color height, and Color A and Color B to make the gradient look like that?

I keep getting a flat black line across the top, it doesn’t match yours at all.

The values should be the same that you can see in this screenshot

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4817133/UnrealForums/MaterialWithoutMask.png

I meant the MF_ColorGradient.e6eb1488fd8e2317300827f51b81942b967620d6.jpeg
This is as close as I can get.

Why is the light direction transformed from world to tangent space?

Hi, MiDaEm.

First of all, I’m deeply impressed for your job.

I am trying to apply your shader to my asset and I need your little help.

Could you show me UV of your overwatch’s character?

That’d be great to see. I’m still puzzled on how to achieve the effect on hair that grows in arbitrary directions (like the overwatch character’s hair). I believe we have to map the hair vertically, but it would be nice to have confirmation.

hi friend, i am newer developer. so i want to know how to post a topic?
how to watch our post which is posted already on the forum please reply:)

Thanks again for posting this material, it has proven very useful in achieving a look for our clients. I can’t post any images of the results but I will post some mods I made to the material once I clean it up some.

I used bump offsets to create a parallax effect so the hair seems to have depth and layers to it, very similar to the carpet material in the realistic demo project. When used with a few stray hair planes the results are rather convincing.

Great work!

The material in your pics looks so cool. I tried to copy it, but mine doesen’t seem to have any reflection at all. :frowning:

Unbenannt.JPG

Edit: Got it! Changed the Default Values of the LightDirection Parameter

url.jpg

Oh Mein Gotten !

Hi!

Sorry for the delay ^^U

This is the tracer UV screen (the mesh is not optimized because it’s only a test)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4817133/UnrealForums/TracerHairUVs.png

I hope it helps :slight_smile:

I hope to see some screen soon :slight_smile: