[FREE] grass meshes

I havent tested it with 4.7, but mostly you just have to reapply the material + textures :slight_smile:

I tried and then the materials go grey as well :confused:

Dude! This is sick! Can’t wait for it. Thank you for being a boss and helping out this community! :smiley:
How performance hungry is the grass in this particular picture? Or lets say on a smallish terrain area if I literally filled it with this grass?

Cheers

As one grass mesh only has 4 tris the performance is really good. :slight_smile:

As long as you use the “basic” material version (in the package you can choose between basic/advanced/pro -> all of them have different effects) you can easily fill landscapes with a size over 256x256

Have you also tried it with the textures? (in the master material and mic) -> I will also update this package when 4.7 final is released

Nice one! That looks very nice! :slight_smile:

No problem, when you have questions/problems just post them so that I can help you -> in this case the reference to the textures got lost and you will have to reassign them (will be fixed in the updated package) :slight_smile:

Any chance we could get this a little earlier??? This is legitimately what I need and what I’ve been trying to create (but yours is MUCH nicer and looks like it has less of a footprint then mine!)

Very nice, thanks

I will try to publish it next week or this week-end/monday, but I cant promise it :frowning:

But I will post you a pm when it’s finished :slight_smile:

Add me to the PM list as well please ! Really looking forward to it and would love to check it out as soon as it came out! =D

Edit: Also any ETA on 4.7?

Ok, added you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Atm there is no official date for 4.7, but I think in around 2-3 weeks.

Can you add me too please?

Ok :wink:

A new picture for you guys:

Increase density please :smiley:

The package will include different type of meshes -> single grass meshes, grass patches,… + all the blend files are included so that it can be improved/changed :wink:

Hello ,
and would this Grass realy be able to “interaction with the player” too?
Kind regards,
Andreas

With “interaction” I mean -> when the player moves over the grass/tree/bush it will sway a little bit at the point where the player touches the mesh. With that technique you can create nearly everything. For example something like in Day Z where the grass gets flat when the player lies on it. :slight_smile:

Just reached 4000 posts…I’m crazy :stuck_out_tongue:

://images.sodahead/polls/003485113/246366182_20323189_answer_1_xlarge.png

LOL that picture.

Congrats on 4000!

Thx :smiley:

Ok, last picture about the new package in this thread :slight_smile: -> I think the package will be finished till monday (just have to upload it -> around 200-300 MB + prepare the new thread)

Wow! That looks absolutly amazing! Will you be so kind and share this example map later too ? :slight_smile: