[FREE] Character Creator

Why is my character so sexy? i just opened it and looks like it xD
3e676c6fc25979cb056f659105fea414097094ec.jpeg

Thanks. I was referring to the ones posted by . I forgot to quote his earlier post. I was just struggling with adding the appropriate nodes to the blueprint. I couldn’t find “add to viewport” and “create widget” in the node dropdown menu. I tried to custom-make the nodes as functions and got pretty close, but still wasn’t able to perfectly replicate the nodes and get them functioning. I assume “create widget” and “add to viewport” are default nodes that already exist in UE4 and I just need to consult the appropriate documentation or tutorials to find them. I think I just need to follow this tutorial from step 13.

There are a couple of steps required to get this awesome character editor to run. From the earlier posts, you will have to add a couple of nodes to the main blueprint and press play from the blueprint instead of the viewport. I haven’t gotten it working yet myself, but I’m going to try again when I have more time. I plan to add a head and add some additional customization options.

Thanks for that reply as I am in the same boat. I’ll be trying this this weekend and hopefully getting it working.

You actually don’t need to play from the blueprint window. it works but it’s a dumb way of doing things (I didn’t know at the time :)). I’ll update my first post with some better instructions and a download to a 4.8 compatible version.

How can we animate the character if it is made in Unreal editor ? Can we export it as FBX ?

You have to make your own animations in something like Maya and import them into the project (just make sure that the import settings include the animation and your blend-shapes). From there you can just copy all the logic from one animation blueprint to the other (and perhaps rename some nodes).

You can export the mesh as a .fbx but I don’t think it will give you more than the mesh and a generated skeleton based on my own rig.

How do I make it so I can use the character in-game and is this for Commercial Use?

You have to save the variable values. I recommend you check one of the tutorials that teach you about saving and loading your game. It should contain the info you need.

And yes you can use my project for commercial purposes but not in all cases. Please read the “license.txt” that comes with the download.

How do you sink the morphs for the cloths with the mesh. Did you create those cloths morphs at the same time in a 3D Package? For example when make a 50% expansion of the waist did you also have to make the same morph for the pants and see that it fits right then save the morphs? Wondering about poke through.

Thanks!

Hello! Where and how do I add the Character Creator widget? Thanks!

I first created the character and clothes. After that I created a character morph and set it to 1 (100%). Of course the clothes won’t fit anymore so you then make a morph for the clothes that fits. Once this is done you have one character morph and one morph for your clothes. As long as you morph both the character and clothes at the same time with the same amount between 0 and 1 (0% and 100%) the clothes will properly morph at all times without intersecting.
Do note that this only works if your meshes are properly skinned. Also, if you use multiple morphs that influence the same vertices things can get messy so be aware of that as well.

This is coooooool. I continue to be shocked by the ingenuity and generosity of people around here. Thanks so much, I’m totally going to look into this.

Awesome! Thanks!

Thank you very much Sir
Extremely Overly helpfull you have no idea.

For some reason the char and all meshes showed up black on my screen?

Hello, great work! Would you mind adding NSFW (Not Safe for Work) in bold text next to the video link? Not all of us want to click on a video containing nudity with others around.

YouTube already took care of that a while back. The video is flagged as 18+ even though it’s for educational purposes. They also added a small notification to the video which clearly tells you that it’s age restricted.
I must say however that I consider the video definitely safe for work. It’s a digital representation of a humanoid character that in no way tries to arouse the viewers sexually. It just displays the use of a material with logically assigned masking properties. Other than that it’s just a person, standing.
If your co-workers are not okay with it they are in my opinion far too prudish for their own good.

Cheers.

Perhaps you are using the latest UE4? I only provided a version for 4.7 and 4.8. I don’t know it it’s compatible with later versions.

I was having the same issue, but just now figured it out- for whatever reason, the lights in the level aren’t shining on the character, but if you just add a point light to the level, it’s all working perfectly fine :stuck_out_tongue: