[FREE] Character Creator

If it will be better than your video and more options (more base meshes) i will buy it without regret.
You can add spring controller like me to breast’s to make it more “realistic” :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, thank you for such a nice gift!! I can’t wait to give this a test drive :slight_smile:

@, I didn’t have any actual problems, I was more looking for a general overview, but I guess it’s simple enough.

I think (if possible) releasing some FBX (exporting from the engine isn’t so good :/) or source files for the character in the current project so we can see how it’s set up. I know there are tuts for doing morphs and such but it’s a lot easier to look at the finished product of a specific working example than to look at generic 3d package tutorials.

In any case, thanks man! Either way this is definitely awesome and will jump start peoples’ efforts at character creators.

Awesome work!

I had to add these 2 nodes to CharacterCreator level’s EventGraph to make it work with 4.8:

By the way, the version available for download doesn’t have the head in it, right? Just to check that nothing is broken in my version…

You got it :slight_smile: That’s how it was for me lol (I added my own model I created quickly in Fuse 1.3)

Yeah I left the head out to finish the template sooner. I just made a few quick placeholders for you guys to show that the system works.

Hi

I really enjoyed it, the blueprints are quite clear and self-explanatory!:cool:

You could do something more like character selection (like: FamilyInfo, faction) and full customization (like Gibs: head, chest, legs, arms, tail, clothes, hair, ears, color, tone, material, armors…) as a template ready to be spawned in game.

Certainly, in the case you put in the marketplace you will already have a sale. Because we can not demand all these things from you for free.

B

i think you dont have blendshapes, have you ?

I thinking we can create model at makehuman then create morphtargets(blendshapes) at zbrush or blender with same name
and then add to game.

EPIC! Very useful.

I would very much like to see a version of this that others can buy/use in their projects. Very useful in a game where you have your own unique-ish character.

Are the nodes you added defaults from the menu, or did you make custom functions? I’m pretty new to UE4, but am trying to get this character editor running.

How to get this thing work on 4.8.1 and where i can find that CharacterCreator level’s EventGraph ??!!

I don’t know what default nodes you’re talking about. If you meant to ask if I used one of the existing starter templates, the answer is no.
To run it you should be able to just package it or press the “play” button from within one of the blueprint files (as long as it obscures the view-port).

according to: :

I’m guessing that the Blueprint in question is the one you’ll find when loading the “characterCreator” level. when it’s opened you can open the pull-down that appears when pressing the Blueprints icon (above the view-port) and choose to open the LevelBlueprint.

I have little problem

As I explained before, just pressing play in the view-port doesn’t work. I don’t know if that is what you meant with “little problem” as all it tells me is that your problem is small.

You are also loading the blueprint widget that belongs to the character creator level in the main menu level. That shouldn’t happen unless you’ve changed this manually.

–edit–

If this is about the addition of those two nodes (provided by CodeSartan), I just tested it and it seems to be working just fine. I think you accidentally added the nodes to the MainMenu level blueprint instead of the CharacterCreator level blueprint.

I got it work but still no head :confused:

I didn’t make a head :slight_smile:
These meshes are just simple placeholders to show that the tool works. You should replace the meshes for your own. (Any mesh with joints and blend-shapes/morph-targets will work).

Ooooo xD haha i am so embarrassed tnx i hope i will see more updates with this and new stuff i hope u will not get in greedy people like others are in market. Help people make there dreams come true :slight_smile: tnx for help again

And one thing will u make a documentary for this

Thanks it works pretty well for me when I tried it