[Free] Auto Terrain Cover V3 - Release

YOUR PLUGIN IS BEING SOLD ON THE MARKETPLACE!!! by a con artist.

he is also trying to sell @GameDev005 s inventory system…

this guy needs reported and sued for selling your system as his own.

I’ve already spoken to the market place about this when it was first released. I looked at the code for the terrain and the folder structure of the project. The simularities were the folder structure and a few naming conventions but the way the shader is coded is his own. Was my plugin an influencer it looks like it and the textures are almost the same as mine but it looks like he found textures simular as mine from online texture sources. So its close but is an attempted. But that’s kinda competition at its best. My plugin will soon be on V4 which will be drastically different from this. #SOON

“Jail Son”, really? :wink:

what is jail son?

Any Update for UE4 4.20.1? this is awesome plug-in but my UE4 didn’t detect the Plug-in

you have to update it ur self. I only do updates on full releases i have a video on the OP showing how to update it top your engine version.

While we on it, may I ask more broad question: what is procedure of version-updating a plugin, if project does not have C++ part? Thank You.

It’s the same take the plugin toss it into a blank c++ template. compile the template and it makes the plugin binaries. Its a complete blueprint plugin you would think they would have something that can automate something like that if there’s no c++ dependencies.

Thank You!

When I follow those instruction along with watching your video. I get an error message when I try to “update visual studios project files” in the “Update Plugin” C++ project. The error I receive is

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.21/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project=“C:/Users//Documents/Unreal Projects/Update/Update.uproject” -game -rocket -progress -log=“C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\Update/Saved/Logs/UnrealVersionSelector-2019.01.17-18.24.05.log”
Discovering modules, targets and source code for project…
While compiling C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\Update\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UpdateModuleRules.dll:
c:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\Update\Plugins\AutoTerrainTexturer\Source\AutoTerrainTexturer\AutoTerrainTexturer.Build.cs(7,9) : error CS1729: ‘UnrealBuildTool.ModuleRules’ does not contain a constructor that takes 0 arguments
ERROR: UnrealBuildTool Exception: Unable to compile source files.

can you please help?

Anyone solved this for 4.21?

Solved what issue? I’ve been testing the update procedures for every release and no issue thus far.

My question is can you compile a basic c++ template with no compile errors? There should be no errors with compiling the binaries in general.

Is it working ?

It never stopped working.

Really not trying to step on any toes.
But sadly, there are a couple of problems with the plugin.
So I had a Freelancer to fix it, so it works for 4.22

VS2017 was being used to build it, and afterwards the blueprints was refixed.

But may I suggest, maybe posting it on github, so other people can help out with it? (Only a suggestion)

Anyways here is a link for it : Link was removed, requested by
Enjoy peeps :

Hugz Cheers

@Miscni, Thank You for sharing!

Would be better to email me with the issues than a reupload as i’m constantly working on it and making it better. Could you toss me an email with the issues you found and remove the link please.

You are absolutely right, I should have written you an email. That is my fault, and I’ll take that on my shoulders.
But again, I did try to write politely (not trying to step on any toes).
Ofcourse I will remove the link, as you ask. No worries.

But you also have to think about, that the fix was made from a plugin that is free on Gumroad, and it only works on 4.18 and 4.19 (if you tweak it).
I was in need of this plugin at the time, and the only thing I could do, was to get it fixed, for a project, that I “was” working on.
And since others were having issues with it, I saw it only fitting, that it could be uploaded here.

Sorry for not sending a Email, but I dont do emails , not when we have a good forum, really hope you understand.
Main issue inside the plugin was blueprint “NL_PointLight” and “NP_SpotLight”
Everything was missing inside those two.

Dont get me wrong, you made something really good with that plugin, and I would gladly have shown my support, by sending a donation or two your way.

Best Regard

Miscni

Between this and the RPG Engine Toolkit I’m usually helping someone 3-4 times a week, when they are really stuck I usually do a remote session to help them. Adding one more person in that is no problem to me at all. In general its usually a misunderstanding of how the engine works. And they come out of it a little more wiser in general. Some people end up having installed UE4 incorrectly and their enviorment is corrupted. At one time I use to release this with the newest engine release since its already part of my RPG Engine Toolkit but gumroad now has a policy stating free projects can not be over 25MB. So that’s why I’ve just made it where people could take one small step and update the plugin to what ever engine version they need.

That being said, NL PointLight and Spotlight are no longer in the Auto Terrain Cover they were objects controlled by the RPG Engine Toolkit for dynamic day and night and that being not really needed for learning the auto material was not needed.

Also I’m working on a 4.0 release that I will put on gumroad in the next few months that will be more optimized and I hope to have a full Biome in that release. I will make it 1$ to shutup gumroad but I hope after that as I roll out new releases for my RPG Engine Toolkit I can just rip out the auto terrain tool from that and just upload it to gumroad. I’ll more likely keep to the same thing as epic and only keep the last 3 engine versions available.

In the end this is a learning project for me to make cool and efficient terrain tools. And I hope to share some new things with everyone as i make improvements.