[Free] Auto Terrain Cover V3 - Release

Have anyone tried modifying the terrain to do different grass sets or rocks depending on a flag? So, If I have a landscape to have a certain type of grass or trees base of class maybe integer.

Is there anyway to enable or disable lgt_grasscover during runtime? I would like some terrain to have glass and some not to have it. I need to switch off the grass cover generated.

I have an example of that. I made the terrain calulations a seperate Material function. So you can make a new master material that links in different grass cover files. I want to make one for each Biome for my own game but utilize the same cover algorithm.

According to Epic there is a scalability setting that will limit the level of grass coverage when changed its used for scaling ti back for lower hardware.

I am curious if anyone tried building the plugin with Unreal 4.24.3.

I tried but I am getting the following error when I build the plugin

The main error is AutoTerrainTexturer/AutoTerrainTexturer.Build.cs(7,9) : error CS1729: The type UnrealBuildTool.ModuleRules' does not contain a constructor that takes 0’ arguments

I plan to try to use the plugin with Voxel Plugin and also Procedural Terrain Generator in the asset store.

Ah. Thanks. I am going check it out. It would be useful for dessert areas.

I think I got it working. Changed two lines which it built which I just have to test it. Which should make it equally work in 4.25

Is it possible to use auto terrain for something like Voxel Plugin - Simulating Physics on entire Voxel Worlds - YouTube or https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…rain-generator?

I’m assuming it would have to measure from a point of distant(0,0,0). If I remember right, using length sqr length. Then using a normal to blend a texture. I’m not sure how auto terrain works in the same aspect.

It’s uses slope based masking to apply textures. And technically the new terrain system seems to do this better than my basic system. I have not been able to get as deep into it as i want but it seems soooooo good, AND it can bake it all into the terrain in the end and you benefit from the lack of processing of layer mask and mask per frame. “It just works” lol

Hi fellows,

I wanted to share with you a couple things that I had to do to get it to compile.

1. After submitting an appropriate amount of cash to developer you find a list of files. I thought it was tough to figure out what file was the correct file. AutoTerrainCover_4.18 is the file I chose and I’m pretty sure it worked great.

2. Create folder in your project root called “Plugins”.

3. Copy from the zip you downloaded the folder called AutoTerrainCover to the Plugins folder.

4. Right click your project main file and select Generate Visual Studio Project.

5. Open your project in Visual Studio.

6. Navigate to Plugins/AutoTerrainCover/Source/AutoTerrainTexturer/Public/AutoTerrainTexturer.h and edit #include “ModuleManager.h” to #include “Modules/ModuleManager.h”.

7. Build your project from Visual Studio. Tada.

Other notes:

You have to do this in C++ and that’s a thing you’ll need to setup.

Make sure you can compile an empty project before you try to add the plugin.

I think if you want to use it in blueprints, you’ll need to do these steps then move to Blueprint. Not sure, I use cpp.

Hope it helps.

Steoso

On thing I’ve just found with moving to 4.26 since this is a content only plugin you can delete the source folder, intermediate and binaries and it builds with no changes to files needed. Discovered this about a week ago. I am also in the process of looking into Artstations free post in the market place. This may allow me to move the ATC to there for free and not limit me to 25MB like Gumroad does. Hopefully this will allow me to update this thing in time with my RPG Engine Toolkit and keep it up-to-date properly.

is there a to get this to work was 4.26? in new to ue4

Recently found out that since this was orginally made you can just delete the source folder in the plugin and its easier to update from engine to engine without compile issues. Since its a blueprint only plugin it should have been this way before but ever since remaking the plugin from scratch for my future update epics generator seems to exclude the c++ requirement for blueprint only plugins.

Let me know if this doesnt work for ya.

This looks really cool :slight_smile: will this work for the latest version of UE4 and UE5? and can this be used in a commercial game?.

I can see what you are talking about here.

“well, as the creator has stated - you can use it in your games no problem …
also, so we are not beating a dead horse here … edit it … do whatever you want … just dont use it and resell it on the marketplace.”

Let me if I have that right. “Can use it in my own project or game edit it, do whatever you like”. Okah that makes since.

“just dont use it and resell it on the marketplace.” ok, then what? People are allowed to use the package for the project to just keep the project since you cannot sell it or put on market? I can understand not reselling the package, but your own game if you used it in it? After all, it is classified the same thing.