[Free] Auto Terrain Cover V3 - Release

Seems to me that the other one is missing lighting settings in the directional light and is missing the fogs that will ad depth to your scene as well as haze out the background.
As for me i just wnat a cloud solution so i will probably merge them into one happy object when I buy it. and use that for my game. I do need weather olutions too that i hope the ones there in will help start me where i want it. probably need to redo some of the textures in the particles and such.

Yeah think ill have to make my own i just want a simple sky that looks good, ill work features in later on, the night on yours look really bad haha and no mater what i tired i couldn’t make the sun visible there to much glare, also think i found a bug in your auto mat the scale far for the trail is missing its texcoord from the looks of it easy fix.

Whats your night look like is it too dark? If you simulate you can see what night really looks like cause the reflection sphere has to capture the area. Which isnt the same when looking in PEI. I made mines where i dont have to have a light source to see at night.

Got images?

Yeah about the same but the clouds didn’t change in color they were bright white at night, and the moon doesn’t move and looks like a rock haha, trying to bug test that issue and it seems to be when the suns behind a large object if you move up and down the lighting will suddenly change its easily noticeable.

didnt want the moon to move for me game, its overly sized and bright. as for the couds that might be my old static mesh those i got rid of. i have volumetric clouds but they are pocess heavy when you get too manys and want them to move. but as for stict clounds around mountains they look pretty ok

Yeah i fixed it fairly easy, ill keep using UDS until i get time to make my own, have you found any way to do terrain layer using the auto mat? i want each texture to have its own layer type for footprint sounds and impact effects.

I havent got that far in my dev yet.

I made a tutorial about creating and updating content only plugins to other engine versions. I mainly have been requested to update my auto terrain cover to newer versions even though there are no changes to the plugin. So i created this to show others, one how to create their own custom library that can hold assets that they want to move from project to project and 2 showing what is needed to update the plugin binary files from one engine version to the next. I personally like doing this for c++ objects that are linked to BP objects as this allows you to move blueprinted c++ objects from one project to the other without worrying about breaking the parent class links in your blueprints. Mind you that this is only for content only but can be expanded to make your own plugin with your own content and game logics linked to c++ etc:

Can you please update it to 4.15?

please update to 4.15

You can update it to 4.15. Easily. I’ve made a video for it. I’ll update it when i actually make changes to the plugin.

Hey, thanks for this, it’s brilliant! What’s the best way to remove the grass completely? I thought I removed it but “Building Grass Maps” still shows up. Thanks!

Theres a check box in the material instance to disable grass/rock/forest grass type. You can also remove the elements from the grass type object itself. LGT_GrassCover and etc.

FAILED: ‘/RPGEngineToolKit/Blueprints/RPGSky/NightLights_Master’ is not a standard unreal filename or a long path name. Reason: Path does not start with a valid root. Path must begin with: ‘/Engine/’, ‘/Game/’, Please help me :frowning:

the 4.14 should have broken links cleaned. you can go to the object using this and clear the linkage

Hey dude, how can I use this plugin? What should I do

Theres a video for it.

@ not sure whats this is related to but the material seems to jitter when moving horizontal across the landscape?

Could be a floating point precision issue. Game engines use “floats” to represent coordinates not “doubles”. Is this only happening when far away from the level origin?

I did some more testing and it seems like it isn’t related to this, it seems to be a engine problem it happens on all landscapes but the larger your scale it the more easier it is to see seeing your scaling up the sections.