[Free] Auto Terrain Cover V3 - Release

How to install this plugin?Which of them is plugin :slight_smile:

Is there any other to do surface types other than using the painter seem like a lacking feature.

As far as i know, Manually painting, or automatic paint using mask with layers to get an inital coverage of a certain layer type. You can also use mask for the brushes to add different effects to your painting stroke. Just like in photoshop.

The plugin is marked with a version at the end. the one marked example is a project:

Whatā€™s the best way of going about using my own grass meshes without changing data in the plugin folder itself? The settings are set in the plugin folder, so I donā€™t want to overwrite that for every project. Any suggestions?

FoliageSpawnData folder has the grass types. You can also Duplicate the base material and make your own grass type attachments. I have one that replace all my **** with optimized Kite mesh.

This guy is simply the best, I downloaded the content and had some difficulties to install because I was using another version and the developer since plugin and I found it fantastic how he helped me, I sent a message on his facebook page and he answered me almost instantly and Solved my problem so acted and efficient with a lot of patience and attention, he even attended me with teamview, incredible \ o /

Not work in 4.14 u.u

Yep it does. Make sure you use 4.14 version of the plugin

@ Hey man could you please test Setting a new World Origin Location Iā€™m having a issue with the grass not render if you face away from the original Origin.

Ive done that this weekend with a terrain on a floating island thats way far from the orgin. check the mask that is plugged into the grass mask for the grass type. just reroute the pin to the terrain color to see what the calculation is doing. Alsoā€¦ check the height limit on the grass in the material instance.

Could you supply me with a image please Iā€™m still fairly new to materials of this complexity, it seems the LGT ForrestCover doesnā€™t have this issue and height limit seems to have no affect on the problem, my landscape is all one mesh rather than tiled. thanks.

In the break down video in the OP I go over the instance material and the parameter that is used to cap off the grass at certain heights.

Iā€™m at workf right now but if you look into the main material there is a material function and out that comes one line to material. and 3 lines to the grass type that have the mask. if you change the output of the material from being an attribute you can then plug the grass type make into the material color section of the material output.

&stc=1

&stc=1

• any eta on a 4.15 build of this component? I upgraded my project and now canā€™t use it :wink:

How did you break it for shame! You should so me what you did jimmy!

ā€œit will eventually be updated im making changes to it but you can update a 4.14 to 4.15 by making a empty c++ project. Adding the plugin to that project in the plugins folder. Then compiling the empty c++ project in visual studios.ā€ - Signed that guy named kevin
[COLOR=#FFFFFF]This will convert the binaries for the plugin into the 4.15 version of the binaries"
[/COLOR]

@, is it possible to expand your material with a layer blend to get more paintable layers outside of your ā€œautomated materialā€? or would you expand it like you posted above with add to stack?

You can do it easily yourself by adding more layers. Look into the material function. But the more you add the more over head and fps usage. I really think i have too many. i want to pull it back some.

@

Hi been playing around with your RPG sky and seems to be very basic and incomplete and buggy but it seems to give off a more realistic lighting than other skys iā€™ve tested, any plans on finishing it ?

Its a very basic system nothing fancy what so ever. I have not had any bugs with it, its just a simple bp with preset settings from tweaking things for my personal stuff. Uses the time of day to set data from curves to control the given setups for certain times of the day. I tried making 2d clouds and its blah. Tried making volumetric clouds still blah, but best when placing the cloud actors manually and sucks on fps if they move. So ima just buy one of the solutions in the market place. Not really worth my time if its not a main focus. I wanted a terrain system that was OK and dynamic without killing my fps to hell and thatā€™s what i made. And wanted to share that with other that were interested. Plain and simple. This isnā€™t a product its a example/passion project.

Iā€™m thinking about getting this:

To use with my game project. Mostly interested in the clouds.

Fair enough, yeah i own both including that one you linked, but i still find there lighting washed out and unrealistic and you can see below, yours to the left UDS to the right.

https://s21.postimg.org/d9sr193nr/Untitled-1.png