[Free] Auto Terrain Cover V3 - Release

It looks cool. How to install this plugin? I want to open “AutoTerrainCover_Example_Project_414” engine but offers to make a compilation. When the level is opened, all is completely black.2016-12-30_02-38-54.png

Hi, I just bought RPG Engine and this plugin is used in the tutorials. Could someone tell me how to install this? I’ve looked on youtube channel but got no further forward.

Thanks

its not working, i have the same problem maximum Yoba has

I have not gotten notification about this post. You have to compile the example project from visual studios and you should be good. If you are using 4.14 be sure to replace the plugin with the fixed links version also in the downloads.

The plugin is installed into the path [Project name]\Plugins\

Extract it there and it should appear in your plugins directory. Be sure to enable it and restart the editor.

Thanks for reply

I downloaded the project. Right clicked the uproject. Generated the project files. Opened the c++ solution built the project ran it. got the same popup and clicked yes. Project opened just fine.

I downloaded the project. Right clicked the uproject. Generated the project files. Opened the c++ solution built the project ran it. got the same popup and clicked yes. Project opened just fine.

@

I think i found a bug on the L4_Rocks layer the normal map doesn’t stop rendering with the TexturesScaleNear Value, seems none turn off or scale but this layer seems to show more than others.

The normal scales different from the texture, and the normal map used for that map is kinda ugly… i advise using your own textures and normals that are way better than those.

free plugin oh yeahh,entering the site … name a fair price … its this a joke ??

ops i get it sorry :smiley:

how do you feel right now ? XD

0 is a price. But donations do make me smile more lol.

Even though i installed 8.1 and 10.0 i’m still getting the following. Not sure why.

UnrealBuildTool Exception: ERROR: Windows SDK v8.1 must be installed in order to build this target.

Update Resolution:
Installing the Visual Studio 2015 C++ tools files found in this links explanation worked for me.

@ is it possible to add some of the auto mats layers to the terrain painter? i don’t see any other way to produce the correct footstep sounds without having them in the painter?

You can easly add layers. You just need a new node and add it to the stack. But everytime you add a layer it cost. so be cautious

not work with 4.14.3

I’m currently using 4.14.3. Make sure you use: AutoTerrainCover_414_FixedLinks.zip

Make sure you put it in the plugins directory.
Make sure you manually enable the plugin in the plugins section.

First off great plugin! I wanted to see if it’s optional to load to build the terrain at runtime? When I load the map, it seems to build it dynamically even though it’s already built before we start the game? Is that something that is configurable?

Thats ue4 grass type foliage. its runtime build and fade. when i use it i try to give a setting that allows the grass to fall off where you can hardly see it fade in and out. ive been looking at FFXV and it seems they have foliage fade really close where its noticible. so i might trye for a better way to make grass to be lighter cover more space and still allow the grass to fade father. right now the grass i have has alot of issues. But i released this mainly for ppl to play with and learn. I have tried to optimize heavily but its still nto where i want it to be. I’m currently getting ready to play more with it as i make my game intro