[FREE] Advanced Cinematic Grass Blueprint with 3D Imposter Sprite foliage

Here, try this one https://drive.google.com/open?id=180U0PilhLq7eBp47mVGm0La1QZVURAf3 thanks for the feedback :slight_smile: Dropbox is kinda junk for sharing files come to find out.

Got it working… THANK YOU VERY MUCH Sir… thats amazing !!!

Thanks a lot, this is really awesome! :slight_smile:

its awesome , thanks

Post to stay updated. But this is an amazing project nonetheless. Looking forward to a gpu friendlier version since we have the same card lol

Amazing work! I’ve made a post at my blog today :smiley:

You might want to add this v. 1.1 download mirror to your OP :slight_smile:

Such a great share. Amazing work Aaron. Maybe eventually someone will make a good landscape material height slope blend blueprint. Why that hasn’t already been integrated in the engine is beyond me. The answer I’ve heard is Epic doesn’t want to limit your blend options. How about make it an option to use or not to use. How is that limiting us? I’m sure it will never happen though. Enough with the ranting. Lol. Thanks again for this wonderful share.

Oh man, this is the bees knees.

Amazing!

Can you post the cinematic version as well? Framerates be damned. :smiley:

It’ll still be a couple weeks at least. Between this, other projects, and my day to day job, my time is stretched pretty thin. Yeah I’ve gotta update that card here soon lol, sucks that tigerdirect pretty much shut down, was getting all my computer parts from there.

Thanks man, really appreciate the blog post and mirror, will update the OP :slight_smile:

I will if I can find the project with it in it, but sadly, I’m thinking it’s gone forever because I’ve reformatted and lost everything but stuff that was on a back up drive and online already. I’ll look though.

The cinematics shouldn’t be too hard to recreate, if you’re curious about them. It was just using time lines, delays, LERPs, and material parameter collections to change everything ya seen in the video. That and Matinee to move the text around, Blender to create the text, and covering the terrain in an absurdly dense amount of grass.

Hey bro! just a quick question… is there any way to remove the grass of a place?

I want to put a mesh like a highway but the grass is taller than the road D:

Thanks for all, keep up the good work!

Yep, but you’d have to add a mask for the spot that you don’t want any grass on (I’m assuming you’re talking about the procedural grass placed across the whole terrain) within the Terrain material itself. The easiest way would probably be to paint a different layer on the terrain where you want to mask it out using the terrain layer painting tool then multiplying the inverse of that by the mask used for procedural foliage in the material…or just subtract it.

There are a couple of layers already offered in the project or you can create your own. There are plenty of tutorials online showing how to mess with the terrain layer system and it’s really a piece of cake once you get the hang of it. :slight_smile:

wow this is incredible. I wonder how long it would take me to reach this kind of skill level lol.

Thank you for this.

Question, I wanted to use your meshes, and textures etc with my own existing project. The issue I’m having is if open my project ex “Ue4 Test” and I can see your GrassBlueprint project folder in my content browser, i double click to open say one of your grass static meshes, it opens but there is no material or anything, just a blank object, like this:

b39e2d67066b3a11504f82237d3d23868ca01223.jpeg

but if I launch the GrassBlueprint project itself, everything is fine, and i’m blown away by how badass it all looks.

Why is that? I’m using v4.10.3

Looks nice; Going to play with it later.

Any objections to me putting it up on our server as another mirror?

I love you man.

You should make sort of a final version (maybe with some flowers and bush) and apply for an UE grant.

Or make it some sort of a enviroment creation plugin and sell it.

Hi Aaron.

When I apply the layerinfo to my landscape, the grass crawls all over the mountain…

How can I stop it from doing this?

Yours:
8ea47c7e5a55eeceacd435fe095149e2e2be0b43.jpeg

Mine: see grass covering mountain like lichen… I’m not liken’ it…
61de5e0953a43de84ba39ab1870061f260daa497.jpeg

Also, for a new project; when you say “You have to add these three nodes to your LEVEL BP because of the way the tool is saving settings for the presets…like this.”

How do you add those nodes? What are they called, which item do you select, when you ‘right-click’ to create new node, in the level BP?

I think I understand now. You have no control over what part of the landscape your material changes from rock to grass, or dirt. You start with a completely flat landscape, apply the material, and where the rock shows up, you create your mountains to match. I’ll try to add height or slope based calculations to the material as well to apply rock to high spots, and grass to flat spots

Can you make a tutorial of that how you made that of the video ?

Thanks for the awesome grass!

Ran into a similar problem. Aaron was telling something about substracting the mask? But how?

By the way I got a second problem with the layers and the layer paint tool. I got the “black land problem” :slight_smile:
http://www2.pic-upload.de/thumb/29990315/2016-03-101.png
Maybe someone of you knows to fix this ?