Frame Synchronization ?

Our current game project needs rendering complex scenes in 4k and above resolution with 120fps (stereoscopic rendering, with each camera 60fps respectively) and then projected and blended into one single screen, and obviously this is not feasible with single PC since UE4 seems not friendly with multi-card SLI solution. We’ve managed synchronizing multiple game clients with UE4’s built-in network functionality, but the synchronization implemented is not frame synchronization, therefore the screen tearing is quite noticeable. So the frame synchronization is necessary but we do not know how to implement frame synchronization in UE4, We’ll be very appreciated if anyone could shed some light on it.

I am new to Unreal myself, so I don’t know the right answer for software framesync, but we have done hardware sync with nvidia’s frame lock available for it’s quadro cards.

Hello 3dgo,

If you are looking to just enable Virtual Sync there is a command line r.VSync which you can use to enable or disable this function using the NoVSync command.

Here is also a list of commands you can enter that might help you with other settings as well

Hope this helps,