Foliage is built with static and correct in play in editor but when packaged is dynamic and and kills performance

I have some trees created with the foliage tool. In the editor and when I preview it in the editor it works fine and the performance is good. But if I package the very same project or right click the .uproject file and Launch game then it looks like it’s lit dynamically and kills the performance. I’ve successfully built this foliage earlier this year and it seems to work perfectly fine in the play in editor, but not at all when I package.

This is really frustrating because it works perfectly in the play in editor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I have to deliver a packaged project to a client next week and I can’t do that with the low performance due to the dynamically lit foliage. Thank you.

I’ve also had that lighting needs to be built error always on even after I build lighting. This screenshot was taken right after the lighting build. I did the dump unbuilt light interacts command and below is what I got. My understanding is that it is a UE4 bug? Could it be what’s causing the build problems?

DumpUnbuiltLightIteractions
Lights with unbuilt interactions: 14
    Light LightSource-Sunset
    Light Light-living5
    Light Light-living6
    Light LightKitchen
    Light LightKitchen2
    Light light-■■■■■■■■■■■
    Light light-■■■■■■■■■■■
    Light light-■■■■■■■■■■■
    Light light-■■■■■■■■■■■
    Light light-■■■■■■■■■■■
    Light LightGym
    Light LightGym3
    Light LightGym4
    Light BP_FireCampfireFireplace_Light2_5
Primitives with unbuilt interactions: 1
    Primitive FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/Maps/UEDPIE_0_Landscape.Landscape:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_90

I am seeing the same thing in my project and have tried everything to fix it but its still there. Hopefully someone can help us out.