Flying replication problem

Hi!
Please help to solve the problem of jittering the ship controlled by another player (multiplayer).
Game problem video
The flight speed is 10000-20000 on average, for movement I use the built-in functionality through the MovementComponent.

Many times I twisted the replication settings in various variations, the settings in the MovementComponent, nothing changes, absolutely. I test by launching 2 clients in the editor.

The problem is super-important, I will be grateful for any tips that can help get on the path to solving it!

Show the code on the Thrust function @ tick.

Its no code in tick. I just use build-in flying logic in MovementComponent

No the function running on Tick.

Need to see the code executed.

Your jitter issues is caused by Client - Server Fighting. Server is correcting!

It only has logic for visual effects for a better speed feeling
If i turn it off, nothing changes

How does the ship behave closer to 0,0,0 coordinates? Does it still jitter?

Your ship is traveling at very high speeds.
The further away it is from world center the more unstable it might get (due to floating point rounding errors) this may also effect server coorinates causing it to behave weird.

Lower movement speed to closer to defaults… say 1000 and test. If resolved, increment and test until you find the max.

Yes! It’s dont jittering being close to 0,0,0
How can i fix this?

Its still a little bit jittering at the default max fly speed - 600.

You can’t really.
The only thing you can try is scaling the universe to a smaller scale (like 0.5 scale) this will make it seem bigger. It’s more of a math problem then a game engine one.

Unreal 5 does have a large world coordinate system but it seems to need to be enabled.
Seems you need to set bEnableLargeWorlds boolean to true (the docs are a bit vague where)

only other alternative is Origin Rebasing.

Thank you!
I already enabled this option.
The ship starts jittering after 2 seconds from the starting point. I have a big map with long space tracks, Its wery hard to fit all these objects in such a small space. I think that should be some other solution for this problem, because i am sure that other multiplayer games use no smaller sizes than mine

Thank you! I will try to google that

1 Like

There are issues with multiplayer and large worlds with World Composition that uses origin rebasing. It requires custom solutions to solve the issues. All of which are solved in UE5 with World Partition. If it’s too late to switch over then I would look up some historic solutions for origin rebasing + multiplayer + floating point issues

1 Like

Considering this issue only happens in multiplayer according to your post, I suggest looking into these config variables

With your massive scale and flight speeds, you probably should bump up the error tolerances. So look into these two in particular

1 Like