Finally Substance in UE4 :)!

Going to wait until they update and ship the engine with substance support, the guys at Allegorithmic said they are working with Epic for that.

[=CharlestonS;18167]
I know, i am :smiley:
[/]

Also getting 404 on , and I’m logged in… what gives?

Was waiting for ! Thanks : )

Awesome release! Wondering whois going to top in the nerd department. Maybe when Speedtree7 for UE4 arrives, we’ll be asked to code our own Pythagoras fractals first.

is great news!

We are working on making the plugin compatible with 4.10.
should happen sometimes next week, thanks for your patience!

BTW if you have any question or feedback related to Substance and the Substance plugin, I’ll be around to answer those :slight_smile:

[=iamgoret;18358]
Also getting 404 on , and I’m logged in… what gives?
[/]

You have not linked your account to github.

please try to make a lot easier than having to go and compile from source, remember most of us subscribe, want to download the engine and hopefully just download a simple plugin to install, really don’t want to have to go to github to get anything working, surely ue4 will get easier than having to do everytime someone releases a cool add on ?

[=;19241]
please try to make a lot easier than having to go and compile from source, remember most of us subscribe, want to download the engine and hopefully just download a simple plugin to install, really don’t want to have to go to github to get anything working, surely ue4 will get easier than having to do everytime someone releases a cool add on ?
[/]

Right now, integrating Substance requires us making changes to the trunk of UE4, requiring a recompile. We hope to have a much simpler way of installing the plugin in the future indeed.

[=Jerc;19245]
Right now, integrating Substance requires us making changes to the trunk of UE4, requiring a recompile. We hope to have a much simpler way of installing the plugin in the future indeed.
[/]

Since the plugin is free anyway, I think it would be best to just pull changes to upstream and maintain them here.

I personally don’t mind recompilling, but having just integrated into branch, would make things much easier.

1000 % agreed

Hello,

I am currently doing wiki management and our user made Plug-In category is a little sparse. If anyone wanted to make a page for Substance, it could be a good resource. hint hint wink wink

[= ;19342]
Hello,

I am currently doing wiki management and our user made Plug-In category is a little sparse. If anyone wanted to make a page for Substance, it could be a good resource. hint hint wink wink
[/]

that will be great !!! :slight_smile:

Can anyone please post compiled substance plugin for 4.0.2 ?

[=]
Can anyone please post compiled substance plugin for 4.0.2 ?
[/]

Hello ,

The recommended way to use the Substance Plugin is to follow the steps on the github page. There were some modifications made to the engine to support Substances so compiling from source is required at time.

Yeah I picked up the indie pack Allegorithmic do… its a good price for what you get… Only had chacne to have a play around with the software really and not had the time to try and recomile Unreal so i can use the plugin… hopefully they will be an easier way of doing it soon enough :slight_smile:

[=-allegorithmic;21649]
Hello ,

The recommended way to use the Substance Plugin is to follow the steps on the github page. There were some modifications made to the engine to support Substances so compiling from source is required at time.
[/]

Hmm ok, but not really best way since im subscriber and i would like to get it with UE4 directly, i know it is not allegorithics fault, but at least is there any list of files what has been modify and we can simply take rebuilded files and replace the original one from UE4. I dont think it is really neccesary to rebuild the whole engine, we just need to know files what has been modify and simple someone who got it recompiled can provide the files for certain version. Im 100% sure not can recompile the engine. Im not sure what would Epic say about kind of file distribution but if they wont offer better way i guess they can be glad that ppl care. Personally love substances and for sure it is superior way to use texture in engine and i dont want to go 10 years back coz UE4 does not support it as it stands.

Hi, have any 1 of you guys manage to download the plug-in? because every time I go to site it tells me that the “Page is not found” Error 404.

[=Crash;21926]
Hi, have any 1 of you guys manage to download the plug-in? because every time I go to site it tells me that the “Page is not found” Error 404.
[/]

if michalss & -allegorithmic don’t mind i can upload it here , because too many people have problem :’

[=lloadead;22006]
if michalss & -allegorithmic don’t mind i can upload it here , because too many people have problem :’
[/]

Man that would be perfect for all ppl, for me i allready recompile it but it is good to know out there is such a nice person :slight_smile: Thx