Failed to cook dedicated server

I launch the verification test, and there is no error message

Were you able to resolve your issue since no error messages were shown?

No, this issue is still here…

When you say you launched a verification test, does that mean you created a new project to see if you’re having this issue elsewhere? I am a tad bit confused with the wording.

Please make sure that you have UE 4.12.5 installed, Visual Studio 2015 with update 3 installed as well as the Windows SDK (build tools) installed as well.

You can make sure that the tools are updated by following these steps:

• Open Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Locate and click on Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
  • Click update if it’s available to you
  • If not, click on modify and make sure the SDK is added.

Make sure you restart after you’ve gone through all these steps.

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

verification test :

98091-verify.png

and the sdk :

98092-sdk+w10.png

All the tools are updated, update 3 , sdk with outils is installed,
(sorry for french)

I have SDK Windows 10 (10.0.10240) ticked. Could you try that, please?

Thank you!

I install the SDK Windows 10 (10.0.10240), reboot, but I have the same issue …

Please review step 5 in the dedicated server guide: [A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums][1]

And since you’re building a Development Server in VS, you’ll need to get the GitHub version of our engine as it can’t be built in Binary unfortunately.

[UE4 GitHub][2]

Thank you!

A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums
[2]: Unreal Engine on GitHub - Unreal Engine

I’m blocked at step one…
I can’t create a c++ project
And when I build and launch the engine from github, it is the same thing… I can’t compil any new c++ project

Are you using any sort of anti-virus that would cause a problem? Can you send me the new logs from when you’re trying to compile a new c++ project from the Github built version of the engine?

I desactivate my anti-virus and try to create some c+ project. Same issue…

I launch the build engine, but when the project is created, the engine crash, and VS open. I try to open by double-click on the uproject, but I have the message I must rebuild the project sources. I rebuild but I have the message :" project could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually."

Can you upload the saved logs for me from your saved folder in the project? And also screenshot any error message that may pop up during the crash process?

Looking forward to hearing back from you! :slight_smile:

There are the logs[link text][1]

99468-test-backup-2016.07.17-22.29.23.log (5.15 KB)

I have no windows or message during the crash :s

Open up the Epic Games Launcher, click on ‘Installed Plugins’ and make sure that there aren’t any plugins enabled when you launch your project, and then try again.

Let me know what happens.

I have not installed plugins

100225-plugin.png

I thinks I will try in virtual machine for testing this issue

Let me know what you’ve found out from testing. Thanks.

Even the virtual machine (Windows 10) I have the same issues and can’t compil a new c++ third person project…

The project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in Visual Studio?
Running C:/Program Files (x86)/Epic >Games/4.12/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe test Development >Win64 -project=“C:/Users/Ludovic/Documents/Unreal >Projects/test/test.uproject” -editorrecompile -progress -noubtmakefiles ->NoHotReloadFromIDE
ERROR: Couldn’t find target rules file for target ‘->project=C:/Users/Ludovic/Documents/Unreal Projects/test/test.uproject’ in >rules assembly ‘UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, >PublicKeyToken=null’.
Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic >Games\4.12\Engine\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UE4Rules.dll
Target rules found:
UE4Editor - C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic >Games\4.12\Engine\Source\UE4Editor.Target.cs
UE4Game - C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic >Games\4.12\Engine\Source\UE4Game.Target.cs
UnrealHeaderTool - C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic >Games\4.12\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealHeaderTool\UnrealHeaderTool.Tar>get.cs

Do you have the Substance plugin turned on? If so, disable it and try again.

No, I have not this plugin.