Extremely High Draw Calls

A lot of lights could cause issues…

Since you seem to be GPU bound, you should write profilegpu into the console to get a log of everything that happened during the frame and how many milliseconds each of it took.

If you want an even more detailed profile, you can first write r.RHISetGPUCaptureOptions 1 into the console to get a detailed per-object listing of what happened during the frame.

Then you’ll be able to see exactly where each of those 57.42 milliseconds are going and won’t need to guess.

Definitely make sure all of your texture’s dimensions are “power of two” (512, 1024, 2048, etc), otherwise they can’t get compressed or streamed in and out and will instead just fully reside in memory as long as anything even references them. You can see what textures are in memory and how much space each is taking by writing memreport -log into the console.

1 Like

I think that might be the issue. Lumen + many lights = high drawcalls.
I ran into this recently as well. I haven’t found a solution. Hoping it is fixed in 5.2
See

1 Like

I’m really confused because my graphics card is an RTX 4090 and in the stats, I’m getting only 10ms for my GPU and 15ms with a 2060 RTX.

I did use the Ctrl + Shift + , and optimized some lights which improved my scene optimization a lot like a month ago but for some reason currently, my draw calls are pretty high and it is only in one of my projects which is my main project.

There are some parts of my scene where the draw call spikes up to 7000 and my fps goes down to 10 and some parts where I have 2000 draw calls and my fps goes up to 25-30.

I tried hiding all the meshes with the “showflag.staticmeshes 0” command draw calls but my fps didn’t change much. I’m assuming that the meshes nor the textures are causing this lag? I’m not very sure though. Would using that command really help me figure out whether the meshes or the textures are causing this problem?

1 Like

What stat command is that?

I’m not too familiar with commands so I just click on
on the top left and then Stats > Engine > detailed

with lumen enabled you can use emissive materials instead of (most) lights

1 Like