Extend Default Luminance Range for EV100 to Unreal engine 5

Hi!!!
I have installed UE5 Preview 2 and I cannot find the Extend Default Luminance Range for EV100 feature to activate it.

My question is, have you moved this option to another site or removed it?

Greetings and thanks in advance.

It’s enabled by default, I don’t think you can even turn it off anymore.

1 Like

It is enabled by default when selecting an ArchViz or Film UE5 project pre-set but not when selecting a default Game pre-set. (UE 5.0.0 P2)

The option is somehow hidden in the Project Settings or named differently, IDK …

Epic, could you please, bring this back? It is useful for some of us :\

Sorry, you’re right. For some reason new game projects won’t have it enabled… Not sure why…

You can still enable it by adding:

r.DefaultFeature.AutoExposure.ExtendDefaultLuminanceRange=True

…to your projects DefaultEngine.ini file located in ProjectFolder\Config under the [/Script/Engine.RendererSettings] section:

Obviously, I wouldn’t consider this ideal. The checkbox was more convenient… You may want to consider reporting this as a bug, as I think the whole reason they removed it from the project settings is because it was supposed to be enabled by default…

6 Likes

Thanks for that @Arkiras ! Didn’t think about digging into cvars for this particular functionality :wink:

For anybody’s interest, adding this variable to the *.ini file is a must! Executing it in the editor only changes the labels in PPV but doesn’t really change how exposure is being calculated. Makes sense since in UE4 changing this option would ask for restarting the editor.

(bug report sounds like a good idea)

1 Like

I solved the problem exporting and saving the project settings from another that has the Extend Default Luminance Range setting dissabled and imported it in the current project