Eu4editor-BatteryCollector.dll missing or difrent buidlt

I am following the tutorials of Unreal engine about the Battery Collector game.
When i was in episode 4 I didnt see the compile button so i restarted my unreal…
after that i couldnt open the game and i got greeted with this error

The following modules are missing or built with a different version:
UE4Editor-BatteryCollector,dll
Would you like to rebuild them now

If i press yes i get greeted with this

BatteryCollector could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually…
then i thought ill start over…I cant make any c++ projects I called this one Why(for example)

The project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in Visual Studio?

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/4.9/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe Why Development Win64 -project=“C:/Users//Documents/Unreal Projects/Why/Why.uproject” -rocket -editorrecompile -progress -noubtmakefiles
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for WhyEditor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “C:/Users//Documents/Unreal Projects/Why/Why.uproject” “C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\Why\Intermediate\Build\Win64\WhyEditor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -rocket -installed
Reflection code generated for WhyEditor in 9.374025 seconds
@progress pop
Performing 8 actions (4 in parallel)
[2/8] Resource PCLaunch.rc
[3/8] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Resources\Windows\PCLaunch.rc(10) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file ‘windows.h’.
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Resources\Windows\ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl(3) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file ‘windows.h’.
PCH.Why.h.cpp
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\PlatformIncludes.h(5) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘new’: No such file or directory
-------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\Why\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Why.dll
Total build time: 17.28 seconds

When i try to start it when i pressed cancel it said the same this about missing or wrong versiom

Can anyone help me :frowning:

Oh btw im using 4.9.2

Hey -

Based on the RC1015 and C1083 error messages it seems that the compiler is unable to find the Windows SDK. Reinstalling the SDK should fix the issue you’re having. You’ll also want check that your anti-virus isn’t blocking UE. You can find more information about those error messages here: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Cheers

And will it rebuild the game.dll automaticly or do i need to start new project?
Installing sdk now ill post back if its done

For whatever reason i cant install it it gives me an error but it doesnt give me an log…

Installation of the “Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7” product has reported the following error: Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information.

I got it to install but it wont work

Can someone please help me…i just want to get into coding, :stuck_out_tongue:

After installing the SDK are you still unable to compile the project? Can you tell me what error you get when you try to compile? Also let me know if you’re able to create a new code project and/or add code to a project.

When i installed sdk it still didnt work…now i completly removed the Visual studio 2014 update 4…and it says could not find a compiler you have to install it…
so now i installed it again so maybe it works

also same error

wait what do i need to downlaod…the sdk or the visual studio 2013 update 4 that it let me download when i first wanted to use c++

You will need both the Windows SDK and Visual Studio 2013 Update 5. Once those are installed let me know if you still get the error when compiling your battery project. Also let me know if you can create a new project or add code to a project.

Still doesnt work ;-;

Hey -

Is the error message the same as before? Are you able to add code to a project or create a new code project? If not is the error the same as when trying to compile the battery game? Let me know if there is any additional information you can provide after the previous tests.

Today i installed visual studio 2015 Community,Still dosnt work
Cant rebuild the thing…and heres the error log when i tryed to make a project called RIP

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/4.9/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe RIP Development Win64 -project=“C:/Users//project/RIP/RIP.uproject” -rocket -editorrecompile -progress -noubtmakefiles
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for RIPEditor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “C:/Users//project/RIP/RIP.uproject” “C:\Users\project\RIP\Intermediate\Build\Win64\RIPEditor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -rocket -installed
Reflection code generated for RIPEditor in 19.7110245 seconds
@progress pop
Performing 7 actions (4 in parallel)
[3/7] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
[2/7] Resource PCLaunch.rc
PCH.RIP.h.cpp
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Resources\Windows\ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl(3) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file ‘windows.h’.
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Resources\Windows\PCLaunch.rc(10) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file ‘windows.h’.
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\HAL\PlatformIncludes.h(5) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘new’: No such file or directory
-------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\project\RIP\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-RIP.dll
Total build time: 36.66 seconds

What version of Windows are you using and do you have a matching Windows SDK? It ma also help to run Windows Update. Additionally do you get the same error when trying to create a new code project / add code to a current project?

windows 7, i got visual studio whole 2015…and 2014 update 4…I cant make new c++ projects or open any new ones…Just i cant open them i get the rebuild thing…and in my C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Build\BatchFiles I got no generateprojectfiles.bat

I mean the 2013 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And update 5 :confused: