Error when creating c++ project in Unreal Engine 5.2.0

I am new to game development and Unreal Engine. I have Unreal Engine 5.2.0 and Visual Studio 2022 installed.

When I try to create a c++ project with default settings, it says “This project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in visual studio?” and gives me this error:

Using bundled DotNet SDK version: 6.0.302
Running UnrealBuildTool: dotnet "..\..\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll" Development Win64 -Project="F:/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject3/MyProject3.uproject" -TargetType=Editor -Progress -NoEngineChanges -NoHotReloadFromIDE
Log file: C:\Users\gonza\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
Creating makefile for MyProject3Editor (no existing makefile)
Unable to instantiate module 'SwarmInterface': Could not find NetFxSDK install dir; this will prevent SwarmInterface from installing.  Install a version of .NET Framework SDK at 4.6.0 or higher.
(referenced via Target -> Launch.Build.cs -> SessionServices.Build.cs -> Core.Build.cs -> Virtualization.Build.cs -> SourceControl.Build.cs -> RenderCore.Build.cs -> RHI.Build.cs -> D3D11RHI.Build.cs -> Engine.Build.cs -> UnrealEd.Build.cs)

How do I fix this?

Greetings @G0nzillaTheGreat

Welcome to the Unreal Forums! For this specific issue, I’d start by taking a look at this post. Some users there experienced this same problem and were able to find some solutions. I hope this helps!

Hi, I think the log Install a version of .NET Framework SDK at 4.6.0 or higher hints you to install the newest .NET framework SDK in the visual studio installer.