Epic MegaJam! October 8-15th, 2015. THEME: STANDING ON THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS

Looking forward to this!

After GameJam can I share my game source on blog?

Was the second sponsor announced Tuesday?

Sponsor #2 announced - SpeedTree!

We’re stoked to have them on board in throwing in awards to the Epic category winners and to introduce random drawings into the mix as well :cool:

Yep! Feel free to share it wherever you like :smiley:

I like that part a lot.

!

Allegorithmic and SpeedTree, two amazing sponsors. Can’t wait to see the last one.

Great!

One last question - what about assets outside Marketplace, can we use free/paid assets from other stores? I’m asking because I will start by my self and I’m always using graphics packs. Basically creating something with constant style requires to buy assets from different places.

Hey guys! I started a thread that is pending approval under the “looking for team/ have talent?” mega-thread! Check it out as it is for those who need to form teams or an in search of members! It will be a place to advertise yourself so have fun! It should be up soon… Check it out!

But Skunkmeister, has already started an official one for that! it is: https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?84735-The-Epic-MegaJam-Team-Up-Thread!

I do 3D stuff. Environment, characters, animations, everything. Anybody looking to team up?

Sounds fun, i particularly like this allot as it gives us a whole week. I got a lot done by myself in the last October jam. I’m hoping a friend of mine (artist) will join me this time.

Cool, I have a friend whos going to help full time and another friend who is got a few days to spare too!

Got my team sorted… Holiday booked. LETS DO IT

Hey all! I’ve updated the original post with this short blurb:

In order to streamline the playing, judging, recording, and winners announcement process, we’re requesting that teams participating in the jam let us know beforehand in order to prepare appropriately for the event. We’ll update the list with links to the games afterwards, too, so can find your title without having to scroll through the whole thread :slight_smile: Pre-registration is not required for entry, and we know people will come in later, but it will greatly aid us in turning everything around quickly. We expect a few more submission than normal this go around and appreciate your help in making this event :cool:

Please send myself or a PM with your team name and number of team members and we’ll get you added to the list!

has also posted

Be prepared to modify marketplace assets!

I’ll be doing this Jam Solo. I know it may put me at a disadvantage but I’m more interested in seeing what I can do myself when pushed to the limit. I expect the week to reduce my life by at least 2 years due to the poor diet and lack of sleep.

are we allowed to use assets modeled in the student version of Maya? It seems as though we can because we’re not trying to make money from this, but I just wanted to make sure.
Thanks in advanced for a reply and good luck to!

Yes, this is the best question, I also want an answer for that!! <3

Since the assets aren’t being used for commercial purposes, there shouldn’t be any problems.

Nobody will know how you modelled them anyway.