Welcome to the Epic MegaJam!
https://cdn2.unrealengine.com/HostForForums/2016/October Epic MegaJam/EpicMegaJamThemeImage01-770x250-336c0077536e96d88cc4d15e2e9099cd154ca022.png
Here are your winners!
Pumpkin Hack - NOT Blizzard
Opus - Beard Envy
The Kickback - Atoi Team
Falcon NW Tiki PC Grand Prize Winner
Aaron Coker - Beard Envy
Special Category Winners
Coolest Character Design
Bad *** Brad - Penguinnauts
Best Game Under 100mb
Unsettling - Blazing Badger
Army of One
Path of Revenge - Jan Wlosok
1. Scallywag Squabble - Voxelbags
2. Drone War - Raincoatz Hood
3. Pumpkin Hack - NOT Blizzard**
We have had TWO YEARS of #ue4jams](https://twitter.com/hashtag/ue4jam?src=hash), so once again we’re making the October event into a massive extravaganza! Larger prizes, more award categories, and partner sponsorship are all in store for those wanting to take part in this event of Epic proportions.
Work alone or with a team (up to 5 members) to make the most incredible project based on the theme in Unreal Engine 4, and submit before the deadline.
- [Contest Rules](https://cdn2.unrealengine.com/HostForForums/2016/October Epic MegaJam/Epic-MegaJam-Contest-Rules-41013d50e215ddda8cc2420df297299734abcc6d.docx)
- [Falcon NW](https://cdn2.unrealengine.com/HostForForums/2016/October Epic MegaJam/Updated Rules/Epic-Games-MegaJam-Falcon-NW-Sweepstakes-Rules-update-18a8ffca5152356249da49d5e5ee29af21c75bc4.doc)
- [Speedtree](https://cdn2.unrealengine.com/HostForForums/2016/October Epic MegaJam/Updated Rules/The-Epic-Games-MegaJam-Speedtree-Sweepstakes-Official-Rules-update-2a4a1b8dbfea05576ad31c1e9572dd75665bff8e.doc)
- [Intel](https://cdn2.unrealengine.com/HostForForums/2016/October Epic MegaJam/Updated Rules/The-Epic-Games-MegaJam-Intel-Sweepstakes-Official-Rules-update-b63e7a8deba54c1ff496cfc16ac98dedd5338085.doc)
- [Houdini](https://cdn2.unrealengine.com/HostForForums/2016/October Epic MegaJam/Updated Rules/Epic-Games-MegaJam-2016-Houdini-Sweepstakes-Rules-update-8ebfa641df4ad7059f0e9f8bfdf013e4ff20ccc1.doc)
**With the higher stakes, we’re altering the project requirements for this time around. Here’s the list of updated requirements:
- The game must not be an obvious extension of one of Epic Games’ official Unreal Engine tutorials.
- The game must include custom gameplay that exceeds that found in Epic Games’ starter templates.
- All art assets in the game must have a material other than the default applied to it.
- Must be packaged for Windows or Mac OS. No full, unpackaged projects. VR projects are accepted.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY AND TIMELINE
In Unreal Engine game jam tradition, we’ll be kicking this one off and announcing the theme on the livestream on October 6 and giving participants an entire week to create and submit an awesome game built in the engine.
Submit the following to the SUBMISSION](https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?124973) thread before the end of the October 13 livestream](http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20161013T14&p0=207&msg=Epic+MegaJam+Deadline) and include the following info:
- Link to a download of your game
- Team name
- List of team members
- Name of your submission (Please format it with your team’s name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
- Please remember to rename your project to [Team Name]_[Project Name] ex. TheEpicTeam_AwesomeGame
- List any content that was created before the jam that was included in the final submission.
- This does affect the score, as we judge on what is made during the jam’s timeframe. Submitting an entry with pre-made content that is not disclosed may lead to disqualification.
Then, PM me the following information:
- Team Name
- Project Name
- Each Team Member’s Real Name
- Each Team Member’s Email Address
- Each Team Member’s Mailing Address (Not a P.O. box)
- Each Team Member’s T-Shirt Size
If the address is not in the United States, please also provide:
Phone number for lost postage reclaim
Tax or VAT number (if applicable)
AWARD CATEGORIES AND PRIZES
This year we have three raffles that all submissions will be entered into, three visual awards chosen by Allegorithmic, three special categories with prizes and a Grand Prize raffle, plus prizes, for the finalist teams. We judge submissions for their aesthetic, unique use of the theme and gameplay on a 1-5 point scale and the top 3 teams will be declared the winners.
All participants of the who submit a valid entry will be entered into a drawing to win a brand new NUC Kit. Based on the total count of qualifying submissions, we’ll be raffling off a number of NUCs! Here’s the breakdown.
- 0-75 submissions - 2 x NUCs
- 75-100 submissions - 4 x NUCs
- 150+ submissions - 6 x NUCs
All participants of the who submit a valid entry will be entered into a drawing to win a SpeedTree swag pack. Based on the total count of qualifying submissions, we’ll be raffling off a number of packs that include a $150 Gift card + 1 year SpeedTree subscription + a SpeedTree t-shirt! Here’s the breakdown.
- 0-75 submissions - 1 x pack
- 75-100 submissions - 3 x packs
- 150+ submissions - 6 x packs
All participants of the who submit a valid entry will be entered into a drawing to win a SideFX prize pack, which includes a Houdini Indie License, Houdini/SideFX swag and a t-shirt.
Just like last year, our sponsor Allegorithmic will pick the top three most visually appealing entries to win licenses to Substance Live. The first place winner will receive a one year license per team member, second place gets a Substance Live six month license per team member, and for third place a Substance Live three month license will be given to each team member.
SPECIAL CATEGORY PRIZES
We have introduced “Special Categories” with prizes for teams who create amazing games and also have a certain something extra. Any team can win one of these plus other awards from other categories. These winners are chosen by Epic’s judges and the prizes are all from Epic Games. This year, our Special Categories are:
"Coolest Character Design" for the game with the most awesome and unique characters.
"Best Game Under 100mb" for the best game that doesn’t take up too much space.
"Army of One" for the best game made by a team comprised of only one person
Winners of these special category prizes will be rewarded with Unreal Engine stickers/buttons, an Unreal Engine Game Jam t-shirt per team member, a Fortnite Alpha access key per team member, and a Shadow Complex Remastered key for Steam per team member.
All entries will be judged for their aesthetic, unique use of the theme and gameplay. The top three entries will be declared our finalists and will receive a prize package that includes the following:
An Unreal Engine Game Jam t-shirt per team member, a Fortnite Alpha access key per team member, a Shadow Complex Remastered key for Steam per team member, a one year license for Houdini Indie per team member, a Houdini Indie promotional material package per team member, a SpeedTree t-shirt per team member, a one-year subscription to SpeedTree per team member, and a $500 SpeedTree coupon (one per team).
FALCON NORTHWEST GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE
Every individual from the three finalist teams will also be entered into the Grand Prize Raffle, where only one lucky person will receive the Epic MegaJam’s biggest reward; a Falcon Northwest Oculus-Ready Tiki PC. Here are the specs:
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Founders Edition 8GB GDDR5X graphics card
- Liquid-cooled Intel® Core™ i7-6700K processor
- 16GB of 2,400 MHz DDR4 memory
- 1 Terabyte Micron SSD
- 3 Year Parts & Labor + 1 Year Falcon Overnight service
All submissions will be featured in a highlight reel posted to our YouTube and shown on Twitch. All winning members will receive an Epic swag bag amongst numerous other items, a “Game Jam Finalist” forum badge, a featured playthrough on the October 27 Twitch stream, as well as a highlight on Unreal Engine blog!
Also, everyone’s favorite playthrough artist, Michael Allar, is helping us judge the winners live on October 27! We can’t wait to see the results
Happy developing, and good luck!
Theme Announce Countdown](http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20161006T14&p0=207&msg=Epic+MegaJam+Announce)
Streaming your work on Twitch? Let us know so we can follow along!
Are you on Twitter? Show off your work using the #ue4jam](https://twitter.com/hashtag/ue4jam?src=hash) hashtag!
Make sure you catch Allar’s stream of all the entries once the deadline is up: http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeallar
-------- PARTICIPATING TEAMS --------
In order to streamline the playing, judging, recording, and winners announcement process, we’re requesting that teams participating in the jam let us know beforehand in order to prepare appropriately for the event. We’ll update the list with links to the games afterwards, too, so everyone can find your title without having to scroll through the whole thread Pre-registration is not required for entry, and we know people will come in later, but it will greatly aid us in turning everything around quickly. We appreciate your help in making this event awesome
Please send myself a PM with your team name and number of team members and we’ll get you added to the list!
[TABLE=“width: 100%, align: center”]
Helpful Links for Jamming!
Getting Started Docs
Reduce Your Package Size
Top Tips for Game Jams
Wiki Code Tutorials/Snippets
Tutorials and Guides
Blueprint Getting Started Thread
C++ Getting Started Thread
Tutorials and Guides