Epic looking for your feedback on the direction to take with Answerhub

Is the fix with the missing pictures being worked on?

1 Like

They didnā€™t fix the wiki for how many years already?
Abandon hope.

1 Like

Guys, thereā€™s literally information in the thread beneath this one that theyā€™re working on importing images. Thereā€™s no need to be bitter or report every single missing image :slight_smile:

Although they take their time :wink:

Obviously the guy reporting stuff needed answers to the stuff he was reporting.

Giving them specific links may improve their ability to go in and find/move the specific images.

And in the end, its unlikely that they will actually manage to restore stuff.
For one, this is Epic we are talking about.
The same team that couldnt be botherered creating an http redirect to fix forum links.
The same team that lost images and topic on the discord switch.
The same team that couldnā€™t be bothered to keep up a license for answehub.

How long do you think placing a folder of images in the correct location takes if that folder is avaliable?

• The time to move files, which is maybe 30 seconds.
    They obviously f*cked up yet again

Nothing new.
It does make you wonder how they manage to keep a job though.

2 Likes

Another broken link here: Is there a way to offset a texture

Note that in this one, the image doesnā€™t 404, but goes to a mysterious random other thread.

Ha, I had this happen to me the other day. Soon enough someone clicks a dodgy forums link and ends up on some alien planetā€™s intranetā€¦ :space_invader:

1 Like

@Hourences - If EPIC want the best forums on the planet, here is a blueprint:

Think of Stackoverflow, where the comments are first with smaller font and the answers below, highest voted on top and the rest below in order of ā€œusers found this usefulā€ voting.

Here is the extra:
To the left of any post or comment, users can add further supporting info or evidence like links, code, and other hard facts.
To the right of any post or comment, users can add sidetracking, trolling, rabbit hole debates, off topic stuff etc. - The user would only see the first and if they click on that, the entire circus would open up and it become like a new thread.

The OP could be given powers to throw stuff to the right to keep the discussion clean.
The right section could also be great for months of discussions about booleans, when the original discussion was about transitions in animation state machines.

AND, this:
Automatically turn Unreal Engine related words and phrases into hashtags for super search capabilities, if that stuff doesnā€™t exist already.

Another: Make Outline material fade/hide with distance

Another strange redirect to a completely unrelated thread: How To Change A Material Instance Parameter On A Blueprint Object?

Material - Fading the edges (Edge Detection) An entire thread thatā€™s basically useless now

Iā€™ll make uā€™r life easier: is there a single answers.* image link that is not broken?
The answer is ā€œNOā€, every single image that was hosted there is broken.

Iā€™d advise the community to just abandon the sinking ship and establish our own unofficial but at least working solution.
Epic Games ***** this ** three times already.
There will be no charm.
They keep loosing years of our efforts every time.

Should someone with enough influence decide to finally do something about it, feel free to call me for help.
I am a web solutions architect and I know how to make a place to share knowledge that wonā€™t disappear.

4 Likes

Another thread with advice that I can only use speculatively because the image that shows the problem is broken: How can I remove jagged edges from texture tiled over multiple instanced static meshes?

bild

This is confusing! What was wrong with the heart?

EDIT: Oh, itā€™s just for questions? Even more confusingā€¦

1 Like

i like simpleā€¦ when i go shopping i go to one store, i know where everything i like is and buzz in and out in 10 minā€¦ if i have to search a store, or go to 2 or 3 stores, it just complicates the dayā€¦ iā€™m just a simple guy :slight_smile:

1 Like