Enhanced Input is not working when doing this in VR

If you change the location of the Enhanced Input files, the VR inputs stop working. This problem drove me crazy. But don’t worry, I found the solution and I’m opening this topic to inform you. Problem occurs because Plugins-OpenXR-Enhanced Input reference is empty. From there, simply fill out the reference. As I showed in the first picture.
My request from the Unreal team is that when we relocate files, the OpenXR reference finds the previous reference and automatically selects it again.

The problem appeared for me as follows; I’m making a package for the Marketplace, and each file needs to be placed under a single file. Marketplace rules… :slight_smile: There is also such a problem when we change the location of the files.

3 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for sharing, I’ve moved this post from ‘International’ to ‘XR’ category for more visibility.

1 Like

Fantastic, I lost my 48 hours but now I’m so happy, even my case was a little bit different such as using several IMCs
Also I tried already this OpenXR input mappable config but the config from VRTemplate not contains other IMCs required in my project, so the result is nothing , Any Input didn’t work from the first time. Therefore I reset the OpenXR input mappable config to Empty.
Now I found your post so I tried to do that again , I set the custom PMI config contains every IMCs required. Finally, All VR controller Input actions works very good for me.
Thank you very much.

2 Likes

I ran into this same problem, in my case a few of my Input Actions I had to completely re-create them. Affected only a few of them the rest were fine. I assume it’s because the first few I changed which folder they were in; but I cannot say for certain.

If you run into this problem I suggest either re-creating your IA, IMC and PMI from scratch (probably fastest) or make a new IMC and slowly re-add to it one at a time until you find the one that breaks all the inputs. I lost serious hours over this even AFTER reading this post.

1 Like

I almost gone crazy figuring this out. So, the solution is actually quite simple:

1. You need to find PMI_VRTemplate (Data Asset, Player Mappable Input Config)
  2. Then add your custom-made IMC to the list of Contexts.

2 Likes

You are a live saver. I also was stuck on this for a few hours

That’s really messed up… This issue popped out of nowhere. I tried re creating everything including the PMI, tried clearing the value of the PMI and re-entering it, I even tried to reset everything related to the input through my version control and this issue still persists.

Edit: In my case the controller has lost references.