Enable Assimp library at an Android deployment

Hello people,

I am using the Assimp library to load some fbx files at runtime. It works great for windows, but I’d like to know what needa to be done in order to be able to use Assimp at an Android device. Any documentation that I found was convoluted at best and I couldn’t figure it out. Please, I could really need some advice on this matter!

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I’ve done exactly that, you’ll just need to compile assimp lib for android and link them. I think it was a .so object if I remember correctly.

Hey,bro, can you give me some advice about that? I did exactly same thing ,but kind of stuck right now, everything is good, but when i try to use the Assimp library, it tell me that can not open the 3D files

So you got it compiled successfully and you linked against the library in you project?
What is the exact error you receive?
Also, which Assimp version do you use?

Actually i don’t have error when i compile, just get some error when i try to use it on Android, it told me that i can not open the 3D file that they can actually open it one year ago

Any solution for IOS and Android?

For IOS& Android, you will need to compile the library(".a" for IOS& “.So” for Android ), after you finish this, just connect the plugin with those library, then It should works

I compiled static library and get 3 files. i added ios suuport in .uplugin file. i added PublicAdditionalLibraries.Add
in plugin’s build.cs . I added

`if (platformString!=“IOS”)
{
FString dllFileName = FString(TEXT(“assimp-vc141-mt”)) + (UE_BUILD_SHIPPING ? TEXT("") : TEXT(“d”)) + TEXT(".dll");
FString dllFile = FPaths::Combine(PluginBaseDir, (“Source/ThirdParty/assimp/bin”), platformString, configString, dllFileName);

if (!FPlatformFileManager::Get().GetPlatformFile().FileExists(*dllFile))
	{
		RMIE_LOG(Fatal, "Missing file: %s", *dllFile);
	}

dllHandle_assimp = FPlatformProcess::GetDllHandle(*dllFile);`

in cpp , so as not to call dllHandle_assimp = FPlatformProcess::GetDllHandle(*dllFile);

And when i start import mesh in ios , this doesn’t happen and “import scene” returns 0.

What am I doing wrong?