Empty level(!?) has collision geometries

Hi Guys,

I’ve been trying to figure this out for almost a year now, still found out nothing about it. I have no static meshes in my persistent level, only a PostProcessVolume and Playerstart basically. Still, some objects appear when viewing “path colliding geometries”. I tried rebuilding geometry, rebuilding path, but nothing helped so far and I couldn’t find anything regarding this via google either.

This is driving me nuts because it ruins the navmesh, and I see no reason why those meshes are there. It would be helpful to somehow view the name of these meshes or something, but they are not even clickable.

Hi Kehel, thx for your hints. The thing is that I don’t know which component is doing this. There are basically no components in this level. Where do you mean to set these?

Hi! You can try to set bCanEverAffectNavigation to false, set AreaClass to nullptr (this prop is on some components)

Any actor has at least one component - Root Component. So just begin with it.

I’ve deleted everything from this level, then added a fresh NavMeshBoundsVolume. Then I generated geometry and the shapes came back. You can see below, there are no other actors than the navmeshboundsvolume and the generated recastnavmesh. Those have no collisions themselves.

I just cant believe it…

Hi,

(-) did you try to create a new blank level and see if you get the same problem there?

(-) if you get the same problem from a new blank level, did you try it in a new blank level in a new blank project?

If you can reproduce this in a new blank level in a new blank project then could you supply the steps to reproduce this?

Can you describe steps to gather this result? For example can you reproduce this in new template project?

Thx guys,

I’ts a quite big project and i’ve been working on it for a long time, so I’m not sure when and how it happened, so it’s pretty hard to reproduce.

My suspicion is that it has to do with Instance Tool. It seems that instanced actors randomly have their root collision loaded into the geometry build. I have a lot of these geometries when loading the project first, but after reloading all levels manually, almost all of them disappear. Except this one.

I was hoping that theres a “sercet” option to hard reset build data, or somehow figure out what geometry is showing up. It would be amazing if these geometries would be labeled at least.

Can you clear up folders Binaries, Intermediate, Saved and recheck this issue one more time? Or maybe you already have done that?

Thx for the tips, unfortunately, it didnt solve it.

I might just do the dumb fix: moving my used levels aside, where these geometries will not affect gameplay.

Have you checked your level bp for spawning those shapes? Or anything else like the game mode, game state or anything that might be spawning it in a construction script

Hi Matt,

Yeah, I was thinking about that, but nothing like that happens. At this point i’m pretty sure it’s all because of the plugin “Instance Tool”.