Dynamic colored light with reflection

Hi everyone!

I want to have a colored light based on teams in my game. There are 2 sides of a map, a blue and red side, and which side is blue is determined by your team, so your side of the map is always blue, the enemy is always red. I made a blueprint with a light attached to it that changes it’s colors depending of which team you are in, and it works great, except the reflection capture is capturing the lights (and their colors) in build time. That means when I change the light color at runtime from red to blue, the reflections will still have red, so that is not desired. Currently my lights are set to stationary (which by description, can have it’s color changed runtime), tried dynamic too, with same result.

Any idea how could this be solved?

My idea was to make 2 lighting scenarios, one if player is in “team A”, one if the player is in “team B”, and swap it when the player changes team, which works mostly ok, but not perfectly.

1. Swapping is slow. I even set the levels to “always loaded” and just hide the one that I don’t need (set the “Should be Visible” variable to false), it still takes seconds to load, and my PC is not the worst. I fear that players with worse PC will have to wait like 5-6 seconds to just swap team.
  2. There is always a prompt that light needs to be rebuilt.
    I do it like this:
  • Set my lightning scenario level 1 (LS1 from now on) to visible, hide LS2
  • Click build (which builds everything)
  • After build, save all, hide LS1, show LS2
  • Click building lighting only
  • Save all, hide LS2, show LS1
  • Lighting needs to be rebuilt.

If I change the order, then my second Lighting scenario level have this warning. Am I doing something wrong?

Using 4.27