Dungeon Architect

@ : I purchased this pack a long time ago on your website. Is it possible in any way to add this addon or plugin to my library instead of adding it every time again and again!?

@, seeing a lockup on a mesh node when attempting to select a selection logic in a drop-down. May be something specific to my theme (it’s got a log of stuff in it). Add mesh node, click mesh node, under “Selection Logic” click ‘+’ to add a logic, click on drop-down (currently set to “None”), BOOM! locks-up URE. I’ve waited as long as 10 minutes to see if URE makes it back. Processor is stuck at 13% (8 cores, that’s 100% on 1 core); suspect a bug in DA that drops into an infinite loop.

Oh, this is a simple grid dungeon with a mirrored volume on the X-axis.

Can you also provide arm64-v8a binaries ? Currently only armv7-es2.a are present :slight_smile:

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I have two questions:

1. The ‘Draw Debug Data’ looks weird. It seems the ground cells are drawn in solid black and other cells are not colored at all. Did I miss some settings somewhere or is this a bug.

2. I have some trouble understanding spatial constraints. I think I figured out how the 3x3 constraint works for ground cells. However, I am not sure how the 2x2 constraint works. I suppose it looks at the corner of a cell and checks the four adjacent cells, but I don’t understand which corner is looked at.
    I also don’t quite understand how to utilize spatial constraints for wall cells. Which is the reference point from which the neighboring cells are checked?

This is what I am trying to accomplish: I want wall cells that are adjacent to an outwards bend corner to use a different mesh. I could get it to work for walls facing one direction but never all four directions at once.

I am using UE4.16 and installed the plugin via the Epic Launcher.

(I just realized I am using the wrong PC and cannot take screen shots of the project. I will add pictures once I booted the correct computer. :smiley: )

Draw Debug Data issue:

Spatial Constraints: I want the red wall sections to use a different mesh than the blue sections. The visible wall piece is a Separator that I managed to place the way I want.

[MENTION=28980][/MENTION]

How is development coming along? What’s new coming into DA soon ? :o

Hey man, the plugin is so deep it really needs an API list for the all the blueprints function, Query/Builder/Config etc. It’s so hard to explore within unreal. Just a dump of the .h files would do honestly. It’s hard to introspect.

Hi,
I wanted to bump this since I didn’t see a response. I know others have commented on it as well. I was looking at the roadmap and didn’t see it listed anywhere. I know it must be related to the core algorithm, which I’m guessing is something that’s not a lot of fun to mess with. Maybe there’s a workaround we can use that doesn’t just require disabling height?

Quick question, is there any way to make themes stack with one another rather than overwrite?

Currently if I add a second theme and use the same marker, only one of the themes will work.

It would be useful to be able to stack themes, being able to have them not consume the marker.

This way decor or lights could be separated from geometry.

@JBernhelm I’ve exposed the properties to blueprints (read / write)

@SystemFile Sure, please send a mail to.akbar@coderespawn.com

@TheCouch Does the issue persist? The drop down UI is populated by the engine so it was probably stuck loading something

@ I changed the color a while ago to test something. I’ll revert it back :slight_smile:

For spatial constraints 3x3 is idea for ground tiles (since it is surround by 3x3 tiles). You’d use 2x2 for Corners (like Fence Separators, Wall Seperators) since they are surrounded by 2x2 tiles. The Edge constraint is for the Walls and fences

@ I’ll create a C++ guide soon.
@DrinkThisPotion I’m working on a post-processor to fix the stair issue and guarantee a valid map

I want use ClusterThemes. But custom markers do not “cals” inside clusters theme. I need spawn inside every cluster one actor how i can do this?

Thanks for the reply. I managed to get the wall setup I wanted by basically swapping the ‘meaning’ of ‘Wall’ and ‘WallSeparator’. That worked out nicely. I do have some follow-up questions:

Would it be possible to create a 2x3 spatial constraint? If you have a 2x3 block like this
and between element 2 and 5 is a wall, you would have greater control of the placement of walls.
If this is possible somehow already, let me know.

At corners where fences and walls meet, is there some rule controlling whether the WallSeparator or the FenceSeparator Emitter is triggered?
I managed to work around that uncertainty, but maybe I simply missed a feature somewhere.

I get this error when I try to run the demo mapsBluePrintError.png

I think you must create CellData from Location and put in AddPaintCell node

C++ Programming Guide

The guide helps you use Dungeon Architect with your C++ project. It is still a work in progress and I’ll be adding more in the coming days. Let me know what you’d like to see in the guide

@calvin019 Thanks for the bug report. I’ve fixed the error in the level builder sample project. This fix will be available in the next build. It allows you to paint both rooms and corridors from the level builder sample