Dungeon Architect

@AngeIV If I understand you correctly, you are trying to place a building in the center of the rooms like below (take from the unity version). Rotating the RoomCenter marker should rotate your building. If you have multiple buildings attached to the room center marker, try adding a transform rule in the building nodes and randomly rotate in 90% steps (there are some examples of this in the quick start content)

Yes! I already do that. Except I need to control the rotation - not make it random. And having direction variations of the theme and do theme override seems like an overkill :wink:

2.6.3 is now available in the marketplace

That sounds like fantastic functionality. Thanks for the updates and responses!

Sent you a PM about this too - For the next update, could you please make all of the variables in SnapBuilderConfig BluePrintReadWrite? I need to be able to change snap builder module arrays and branch settings in runtime via blueprint and it looks like that is impossible at the moment.

Thank you so much for this and all the other questions I asked!! I am going to look at the small distances for the Is Near Marker query in more detail and give you reproduce steps, but yes I meant 200 not 2000.

Even though my grid is 500x500 I still need the shorter distance sometimes.

The short distances are necessary for me to prevent some bad spawn positions of separator decorations. Maybe thereā€™s another way to accomplish with the new tools youā€™ve given us. Anyway Iā€™ll load up the DA demo and get reproduce steps.

[MENTION=28980][/MENTION] or anyone who can help:

Is there a specific or preferred way of spawning AI characters? If I manually place AI characters in the editor they work as expected, but if I use an Actor Node to spawn them in my theme, they donā€™t navigate. They attack if the player is in range but they donā€™t move. Iā€™ve tried using more than one theme on a Dungeon where the second theme placed enemies and the enemies appeared to overwrite whatever was in the base theme. I would also really like to use a custom spawner similar to this video, but when I tried this as an Actor Node in my theme they just fall right through the level, even if the spawn volume is above the level geometry. I eventually want to use a custom spawner that doesnā€™t spawn AI Pawns until the player is near so this is really important for me to solve. I tried using two dungeons with the same seed, one with the level geo and one with my AI pawns and had the exact same issues. Iā€™m currently using the SimpleCityBuilder but have also had this problem with the SnapBuilder.

I have possibly a very newbie question, and this topic is too large to read it all. If i build map in a runtime it have a lightning unbuild warning message. Can lightning be rebuilt in a run time for a newly generated level? What is work around for mobiles? (i dont think mobiles able to recalculate light in reasonable time). Thanks.

Thanks.

@rctorres There are a few things you need to consider:

If you are spawning the AI in a runtime dungeon, then the navmesh needs to be regenerated at runtime. You can set this in the project setting: Video (skip to 2:08)
If you build your dungeon at design time in the editor and hit play and they donā€™t move, make sure the ground tile is not blocking them (youā€™ll need to adjust the Z offset on the actor node). Also check this for NPCs that are falling through the ground

Thank you for the CityBuilder walkthrough. Iā€™m slowly getting the hang of this wonderful plugin. Is it possible to do a walkthrough building a city using commercial style buildings. We bought the Urban Construction Pack a while back I want to do more of a Metropolis style City vs a Neighborhood. My building sizes are 2850x2850x4,411 and varies.

Iā€™m getting the hang of this more and more as I am using it.

Thank You

Hi,
Did you ever end up exposing this?

Thanks!

Hi,
Some seeds have stairs blocking doors. The only settings that seem to fix would be removing stairs completely (setting height variation prob to 0.0). Any for a fix? Itā€™s game breaking in these situations.

are some examples.

Seed 9614 - Furthest room Aā€™s door is blocked by stairway:

Seed 6035 - Stairs blocking corridor door to Furthest Room B (settings same as above except for seed):
blockingstair2.png

Seed 8697 - Stairs blocking door of Furthest room A (this would result in not even being able to enter the dungeon!)
blockingstair3.png

Hello and thank you for this plugin I have done the update and I have a problem with the painting mode I paint I have my mouse that blocks as well as ue4 j uses ue4 15.3

Thanks for pointing out the runtime navmesh issue! Looks like I had set my custom spawner to always use z=0 to spawn no matter how high I placed the spawner. Looks like things are working as intended!

Hi. Can this asset be used for paper2D games?

@Bloodwork Paper2D is not supported

Quick Start Content Pack problem

Could you help me with quick start content pack for Dungeon Architect plugin.
Iā€™ve download quick start content from website, made a new third person project in 4.6.1 for it and copied all files in content folder.
is a link for screenshot

Iā€™ve tried to open example maps, but it is empty at all:
https://ibb.co/nojzQv
Dungeon theme is empty too:
https://ibb.co/hjiFyF
Same problems with all demos.

Could you help me to solve this problem?
Thank you in advance.

@OnlyOneLab You need to copy them in the Contentā€™s root folder

• Delete whatever you copied
  • Copy over the files again to the Content/ folder
  • If you need this in a sub folder, the from within the editorā€™s content browser, move the files to a sub folder so UnrealEd can properly move them
  • Add starter content to the project

Also refer the quick start guide instructions for each map. There are some art dependencies for some maps (like infinity bladeā€™s free assets from the marketplace) that you need to add to you project first

Thank you for your help. Now everything is perfet

[MENTION=28980][/MENTION] - Is it trivial to expose the Snap builder config variables to Blueprint? (module arrays, branch sizes, etc) If so, can that be worked into an update? Thanks!

How do I get my dungeons (sci-fi) to come with the same lighting as your youtube videosā€¦ do you have to tweak the lighting or is that generated also? I see the orange and blue lights but the overall lighting looks bland and flatā€¦ I KNOW ITā€™S SOMETHING Iā€™M DOING WRONG. Any suggestion?