Dungeon Architect: Build vast procedural levels for your games with a single click
- Build vast levels procedurally with a single click with various tweakable parameter, either at design time or at runtime.
- Manually design the layout of your levels for more artistic control with custom editor tools (Paint Brush Tool, Volumes etc) , and have the plugin automatically build the environment around it
- Define the look and feel of your level using a powerful Graph based Theme Editor. This lets you instruct the plugin on the meshes and actors to populate around the level as it is being built (around walls, floor, doors, stairs etc)
- Theme files are saved as separate data asset so they can be reused between projects or can be swapped with other theme files to completely change the look
- Supports multiple themes on the same map. For e.g. Wood based architecture in one area, stone based in a nearby area. Override the theme on any part of your level using a custom volume actor
- Supports height variations on the level to make them more interesting!
- Full C++ source code access
Here are a few examples of what you can create with Dungeon Architect. These levels are generated procedurally, either at design time or runtime
Deathmatch Demo: This demo uses Dungeon Architect to create random procedural levels when the game starts. You get a different level every time you play. It also showcases multiplayer support, where the server propagates the dungeon “seed” number to all the clients so they all build the exact same dungeon
Frost Forge Demo: The entire level was created with a single click. The demo is available in the quick start guide
Floorplan Demo: DA adapts to various layout strategies. The floorplan builder lets you create building interiors. There is also a lift blueprint in the demo
Check the Quick Start guide for more samples to get you started