Dungeon Architect

I’ve added experimental blackboard support to the dungeon actor so you can store / retrieve data from rules (selector / transform rules). This can be useful for limiting the total no. of items spawned of a certain type. There are still some issues to be sorted out and I’ll have more updates on this later

Added a new grid query function to fetch the adjacent cells from a given cell

Added wall separators to the floorplan builder

I appreciate that!

My office building demo looks nothing like the vid. its just the floor, no elevators

Yes, this is still happening even with 4.16.2. I’ve now waited 30 minutes. I’m surprised no one else is seeing this, it’s very consistent.

May have figured this out. I just went through all of my Grid Dungeon Selector Logics and found one with an error (apparently it was an old one that I wasn’t using anymore). Deleted it and it started working again. So if there’s an error in a selector trying to choose a selector will lock up URE. Not sure if there’s anything you can do about that.

It may also have been because of an unconnected return node. The error caused the return node to become disconnected.

Whelp, nope, that’s not it either. Still happening somewhat randomly. Seems to happen more frequently the longer I have URE open. Or something.

Hi,

We’re in the process of upgrading to UE4 4.16 and DA 2.6.2. I’ve got it all working in the editor but when I run a cooked build I get the following error:

Capture.PNG

It seems to be trying to load the WITH_EDITORONLY_DATA property PreviewViewportProperties which is a subobject created in the constructor and named ‘PreviewProperties’.

Is anyone else able to run a cooked build with DA 2.6.2

Regards,

Hey Guys,

We just announced our game , using DA for the level generation :smiley:

Keep forgetting to ask - does DA already makes all those meshes into HISMCs with ability to define min/draw distance? Kinda essential stuff for performance and especially for VR.

Wow - that looks ! And what a great setting to use DA.

Indeed. Looks very promising.

Hi,

As posed above we just announced and are using DA for level generation. :slight_smile: it is an tool! One problem we have been experiencing is with texture streaming on static mesh created by DA.

Has anyone reported issues with Textures not streaming in on Static Mesh placed by DA ***that are close to the player start? ***

e.g. When this gate mesh is created by the DA Theme (mesh node) right next to the player start, the textures do not stream in, it loads at the lowest mip level. If I then place the same static mesh into the level in the editor and run the game again, you can see both the smesh placed by hand and the DA created version have their correct texture streamed in.

This only appears to happen to meshes that are CLOSE to the player start when the game starts, if I go far enough away into the dungeon and come back to this area, the texture will stream in correctly.

This only happens in the standalone game, (not in PIE viewport)

We have this happening with all the assets around the player when the game starts, the Gate is just the most obvious example.

any ideas?

EDIT: We are using Run-time level generation.

I think this is related to optimization settings of the editor (and or standalone?), noticed this too, happens sometimes depending on current resource allocation.

Same thing happens to me. For now I have disabled texture streaming for the impacted textures. Would be interested in hearing if you find a better solution. looking game, by the way.

@calvin019 You need to include the assets from SciFi Hallways project which is freely available in the launcher. Please refer to the instructions on the quick start guide

@TheCouch The list is populated by UE4. However I have some flags set so that the default values can be modified after the class is selected from the dropdown box (which might be causing this issue). I’ll investigate this further

Hey , sorry for the delay. I’ve fixed the issue in 2.6.3 and I’ve uploaded 2.6.4-ea1 to the website

Version 2.6.4-ea1

• Fixed a bug with pooling where actors from another dungeon where deleted
  • Exposed the snap confiugration to blueprints
  • Exposed the grid tool paint data to blueprints
  • Added wall separators to floorplan builder

Version 2.6.3
** * Fixed a critical bug with theme files that was crashing standalone builds**

• IsNearMarker grid query function also retuns the number of nearby markers found nearby

I’ll be submitting 2.6.4 to the marketplace launcher soon