Dungeon Architect

BTW guys, Dungeon Architect now shows up in my Vault.

Thanks Epic and for getting this for those of us who bought the plugin before it was on the Marketplace :smiley:

:frowning: still nothing

! You all deserve it
[MENTION=3956]James Barnette[/MENTION] I submitted the first batch of users on 20th. Submitted the second batch yesterday (30th). If you registered between 20-30 it will take a few days for Epic to add

[MENTION=3956]James Barnette[/MENTION]

Edit: Runtime works in PIE. Has issues in standalone build. Iā€™ll check it out

I tried another approach, where after streaming in the (temporary cloned) module map, I move all the actors to the main persistent level and then destroy the streamed in cloned module level. This way it does not leave any intermediate files. I also deal with foliage (they need to be copied over to the main levelā€™s foliage actor, which can be only one per level). I need to keep track of all the foliage that was added by the dungeon, so it removes only those instances while destroying the dungeon

Well as I said I have decided to roll back to 2.1.10 till all of this gets sorted out. I just need to know how to build the dungeon on level load in the level blueprint the example given is for the GridBuilder and doesnā€™t seem to apply. If someone can tell me how to get the SnapBuilder to to build as the first thing when the level loads. as I stated whatever the new method is in the Betas. the level builds quick in the editor but the performance is Horrible. I go from a steady 45-60fpd in 2.1.10. Same level in the latest Beta is like 2-5fps

Still nothing for me and I responded on the 18thā€¦but i also havent opened unreal in awhile so maybe it needs to be open to register itself, for some reason.

It is cool Iā€™m in now hurry. Right now I need the constant updates of the direct purchased version. So I think I know the source of the performance loss and it may be dependent on my game assets and the BrokenSnapDoor. Basically it is not changing states and is not culling unused doors so since my door has Lights and particles on it they are all getting doubled.

I havenā€™t gotten it yet either and Iā€™m pretty sure I signed up the same day posted about it. Iā€™m guessing they add us by hand so it might take a while to go through all of us? :slight_smile:

just realized dungeaon architect is in my vault now :slight_smile:

thanks and EPIC

Past two days Iā€™ve been experimenting with an alternative to the snap build process where the contents of the intermediate levels are streamed in, then they are moved to the main persistent level and the intermediate level is deleted. (to avoid creation of lots of streamed in levels). However in some cases it crashes the engine due to some tick errors in another thread and we cannot have that.

The world composition method (with intermediate level files) works fine and Iā€™ll work on finalizing that

I got snap dungeon crashing on me :frowning:

Can this be used to procedurally place foliage, rocks, branches, and other natural assets?

Our project doesnā€™t need any dungeons. Just would like to have such natural elements randomly placed when a player starts a level. The map size would be 1km x 1km.

I fixed the issues with the Snap builder and Iā€™ll have a new build soon

@ DA is not suitable for this. Will this help? Procedural Foliage Tool

https://.unrealengine.com/marketplace/dungeon-architect

Thank you everyone for making it happen :slight_smile:

Created a Discord server for DA if you have any questions

Created a new type of volume to replace markers:

You can use this to manually add/remove doors and more

watch?v=_BZroZfg1ZM
@Ratamorph

Thanks for the info [MENTION=28980][/MENTION], thatā€™ exactly what I need, I canā€™t seem to find that volume type in my version, I got the latest version from the marketplace. Is this an upcoming feature or something wrong with my installation?

It will be available in the upcoming version