Dungeon Architect

right that would give you variables that you could change but does it not just run with the setting you have put in it in the editor. I shouldn’t have to set them again? I mean the only thing I would ever want to change would be the seed. But unless I pass it one it should go with the value in the editor should it not?

This plugin looks . Followed the development on the Unity side for a while, but now making an Unreal project where this could be amazing!

Question: How might you go about using this to generate 3d platformer levels - eg “wall-less” platforms floating in air that aren’t connected always by hallways and need to be spaced according to the player’s possible jump distance.

Would I make invisible / collision-less hallway tiles and walls? Basically it’d be like a dungeon but with only the rooms, which are mainly floors + set dressing?

that shouldn’t be an issue I wouldn’t think.

does anyone know how to get the snap builder to run from the level blueprint on load. I tried what is above and it doesn’t work.

Hey everyone, sorry I was away for a few days. There’s a new beta version for 2.1.11 in the website

I perform proper cleanup on the streamed levels when destroying the dungeon (or recreating them) so it shouldn’t add tons of files to your version control. (However, every build creates a new unique filename in the streaming instances folder, but shouldn’t be an issue as the version control would detect and tag it as a rename rather than a new file)

Adding >50 modules is also working fine. I needed to stream them in from the game thread, rather than the UI thread

Version 2.1.11-beta.2

• On dungeon destroy / rebuild, unused module instances are cleaned up properly
  • Fixed a crash bug by streaming in the modules in the game thread

You can paint for different dungeons by selecting the dungeon actor from the scene outliner while you are in the paint editor mode tab

For the grid builder, rooms are rectangular by design and the paint tool would not enforce that constraint. So I’ve left that out. You can use platform volumes for rooms

@ can you post an example of how to get the snap dungeon builder to build at runtime? preferably using the setting that were in the editor. I cannot get it to work.

[MENTION=28980][/MENTION] Is there any way to tell the Isaac Builder to:

1. spawn a certain marker only once per room? (I think a selection logic would be applied, but how do I tell the engine to select only the middle cell, if my rooms are 3x3 cells?)
    I tried also creating a new Marker Emitter live I’ve seen in this picture on the documentation page: http://coderespawn.github.io/dungeon-architect-user-guide-ue4/stage/assets/images/marker_emitter_eg1_1.png
    But when I drag off the model pin, it does not return “break dungeonmodel” node. (pin color is blue, not darkblue like in your picture)

2. spawn a marker with 100% probability only just once per seed?

PS.: For the Isaac Builder, there is literally no documentation

@ I’m not sure what you are testing with but I still cannot save with the dungeon built.

9e743839b2ab148555515c8e32357723bebfdb3c.jpeg

So without the ability to make it build on load I’m still dead in the water.

Also the performance in Beta 2 seem to be VERY slow compared to the last build that actually would build.

@SethPDA I’m working on the Isaac builder. I’ll have more in the next update

[MENTION=3956]James Barnette[/MENTION] That’s strange it should not happen as there is no spawn happening at all and just level streaming and it saves correctly. Could you try in a new map starting with a few modules?

Also, for the performance, are subsequent builds faster? I’ve tried a while back on your level and most of the time was taken by UE4 loading the modules in memory (when I query the actors inside each module) which is required for creating the layout

I started a new level added 1 end room 1 junction room and a connecting module

clicked build with all defaults and got a crash with something about paper 2d and an invalid path

Then did the exact same thing again.

and got:

Can’t save D:/Dropbox/P4/Rock-N-Rogue_XBRANCH/Content/Maps/beta2.umap: Graph is linked to object(s) in external map.
External Object(s):
LVL01_RoomDoorSnap_5

Try to find the chain of references to that object (may take some time)?

It is always the snap doors

As for the performance. The build seems fast but the performance once everything is loaded is by far slower. checking instance helps a little I think

So still cant save.

Could you please post an example of how to make this build when the level loads so that I can try as standalone and perhaps be able to get this demo done?

Using the platform volume method doesn’t create door openings on rooms when manually paining from it, only creates door openings when procedural generated dungeon parts connect to it, If I set my number of cells to 0 and do all the creation manually I never get doors.

Also, any plans for having a way to change generated marker types manually? I could really use this feature because when I tweak parts of the level manually (removing/changing actor pieces) for instance to remove a problematic staircase then change the theme, move a platform volume or manually paint all my changes get overriden. All I need is to change a market type inside a cell in a case by case basis and have the system remember the change. How would you recommend I approach this scenario using the current implementation?

Also Snap doors are not being closed when there is no adjoining module attached

@Ratamorph It could be done with volumes, like a marker replacement volume where you give a list of replacement values (e.g. Wall -> Door, Stair -> None). Any marker inside it would be replaced before theming is attached to it

Alright, I can’t wait for future updates! :smiley:

Thanks for the reply, you mean to use the theme override volume? or implement a marker replacement volume myself?

Thanks for that… Signed up when I first got your email… Nothing from Epic yet… (Not in my vault). BUT, I know Epic does take a bit of time…

teak

@: ok this is also new. Destroy Dungeon take about 4-6x as long as building the dungeon did in the editor.

Ok guys I’m begging can someone show me a way to run-time build with the snap builder? The example for the grid builder doesn’t work. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing is working and with not being able to save due to the bugs I must build using the level blueprint. I have to make a demo Monday right now I can even build the level.

-Desparate