Draw distance for shdows

I chose UE4 for the creation diplom project. But I have a problem: shadows deteriorate with distance and then cease to be drawn from the small objects.
It is important for me to always shadows drawn with best quality. Is it possible in UE4 or not? If this possible, plese help me, how to properly set up shadows.

P.S. I use dinamic Global Illumination ( direct ligth and skyligth). Thank you in advance!

Could this be related to your issue? Shadows disappear with increased camera distance - Rendering - Unreal Engine Forums

Hello rekooo,

Firstly, I have to mention there should be no need to use the max settings for the your Cascaded Shadow Maps or the Ray Traced distance Field Shadows. The values you are using a quite extreme given the scope of your level shown in your screenshots.

I highly suggest you take a look at the Lighting Troubleshooting Guide we have for Directional Light cascaded shadow maps and distances.

[Lighting Troubleshooting Guide][1]

Secondly, in regards to the ‘soup’ like shadow. There is a setting within the Cascaded Shadow Maps called Distribution Exponent. This option is explained in the troubleshooting guide as well as our official documentation and the tooltip.

Distribution exponent - 4.0

Distribution exponent - 3.0

Use the guide provided and the documentation to get the correct and expected results. It can be a little tricky so be sure to take your time and understand what each setting does and how it impacts your scenes shadows.

Thank you,