Does VRAM limited my FPS

Hi Everyone! I was currently working with performance issue and struggling with the VRAM problem. Let’s say that my app will consume 12GB(Dedicated and System) VRAM. But my GPU only have 8GB Dedicated VRAM. So there will be about 4GB content resident in shared system VRAM. I understand that the system VRAM will be slower than the dedicated one for GPU to access. I also use NSight Graphics to capture frame and noticed that the PCIE throughput is quite high(which might be the driver swaping data from the system VRAM into the dedicated VRAM). So should I just optimize my art props to below the 8GB dedicate VRAM budget incase VRAM becomes a potential performance issue?

hi @Yuri9447 Long ago I wrote an post about this. Many people added to this. If you are allowed to make to textures smaller 8K to 4K.
How to Improve Texture Streaming GPU performance in UE5 over 20% increase on GPU memory [Solved] - Development / Platform & Builds - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

another useful post
Video memory has been exhausted - Development / Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

Many thanks for the reply. I will try that later. I have lots of textures and static meshes (the VRAM budget is about 30GB which is about 6GB over budget of a 4090 GPU). I’m also using Lumen, Nanite and VSM.

And in my case the VRAM is fully occupied(even with #GB over budget that resident in shared system memory).