Does UE4 / Swarm Require a "D" Drive?

Hi idebmatt. Did you find a solution to the issue you were having? I also installed 4.10 on my computer and I am having the same problem. Attached below is the Swarm Log. Symptoms are the same. When I click build lighting, it just freezes and I have to close the program via task manager.

Because your 8008 Port occupied,close system Pid 4 servic registry

I was having this issue and found that I was running IIS on my machine which was using port 8008. I stopped IIS and my build worked fine. This may not be the answer for all but it’s a possible answer for those of us who use IIS for other applications. The question should be is there a way to change that default port assignment? Just wondering.

This is because Swarm is recording UE4 location to a MAGIC place which is NOT “SwarmAgent.Options.xml” or “SwarmAgent.exe.config”.

It is not documented anywhere either.

Mentioning below error there’s no UE4 under D:\Build:

, Callstack: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcServerChannel.StartListening(Object data)
at Agent.AgentApplication.Main(String[] args) in D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealSwarm\Agent\AgentApplication.cs:line 125.
1:53:14 PM: [ERROR] Channel already registered, suggesting another or client is running.
1:53:14 PM: [ERROR] If you feel this is in error, check your running process list for additional copies of
1:53:14 PM: [ERROR] or UnrealLightmass (or other client) and consider killing them.
1:53:14 PM: [ERROR] Sleeping for a few seconds and trying again…
1:53:14 PM: [ERROR] Channel registration failed. Reason: Failed to create an IPC Port: Access is "

I had the same issue.

Download this: TCPView for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

Find anything using 8008 or 8009 and stop running it ( for me it was a program called air server)

Problem fixed for me.