DirectX Feature level 10 is required to run the engine?

Hello,
I am fairly new to Unreal Engine and just updated the engine to version 4.25.1 from 4.25, and now I get this error message when I launch the engine: DirectX Feature level 10 is required to run the engine. If you see the attached image, It shows that I do indeed support feature level 10, and the engine ran perfectly until I updated it, so why am I receiving this error, and what can I do?

Thanks!

and the engine ran perfectly until I
updated it, so why am I receiving this
error, and what can I do?

On HD3000? How?

Yes , I know for a fact that it was running on this machine. I attached a screenshot showing you everything that I opened and edited on this machine.

It’s interesting to see 4.12 here - this is where Shader Level 4 support was officially abandoned if my memory serves me right.

From what you’ve demonstrated, it’s a hardware issue. Your system is trying to run the engine on the graphics chip built into the CPU - this will not work. If you have another card, check your connections.

If you believe this is a software issue, you can always try previous engine version since it worked.

Min specs are here:

How do I use the other card to open unreal?

It’s generally automatic unless we’re talking about some freak fringe case scenario where things go really wrong…

I mean the very fact that you’re seeing anything on the screen as you read this message means that you’ve connected your monitor to the wrong video output to start with. And that’s providing you have another video card in your system ofc. Yeah, sure you could have 2 HDMIs snaking to 2 monitors inputs and the HD 3000 acts as a fallback. I’ve seen stranger things.

What is your other card? Can you provide the specs of you machine:

• CPU - the processor
  • GPU - video card
  • RAM - how many GB
  • OS - operating system

I have:
AMD Radeon Radeon HD 6700 Series and
Intel HD graphics 3000

tl;dr: The engine is asking for an extended feature level 10_0 of DirectX 11 which your video card does not support.

This usually refers to Shader Model 5.0 which is supported by HD4000 but not the previous iteration - HD3000; it goes up to 4.x or afair.

and the engine ran perfectly until I
updated it

If this is true, perhaps the driver for your other GPU is not installed correctly.

You should not be able to run the 4.25 on HD3000. Considering that shared memory request, I’d guess you’re sitting on a total of 2GB of RAM and the engine needs minimum 8GB… and that’s even without considering vRAM which that GPU is now forced to borrow from the very slow system RAM.

So what do I do? Because I know it was working perfectly before.

If you do not have a dedicated video card (or a powerful APU) that supports all features of DX11 and 8GB of RAM, you cannot run the engine. Maybe you could run it with 4GB, who knows. But not on this card.

Because I know it was working
perfectly before.

Sure, but not on this configuration it wasn’t.

If you’re certain that it used to work, check inside the PC. Check where you’ve plugged the cable - it’s quite possible to plug it to the wrong card. Maybe the video card is not connected properly or you lost a memory stick. Things happen.

Now we’re talking!

AMD Radeon Radeon HD 6700 Series

Is this HD 6700M, are you on a laptop?

Had to double check on the 6700 series and it fully supports DX11 with Shader Model 5.0 and all so that should definitely run the engine as long as the GPU.

For some reason your PC is picking up the wrong video card and does not even see your proper GPU.

Yes. That seems to be the problem. I am on a laptop, yes.

Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s).
Total Physical Memory 7.95 GB, Total Virtual Memory 13.3 GB

Wish you led with that! In my head I’ve been calling bull$ on the situation all along. I hereby stand corrected.

But I still did not fix the issue

What am I supposed to do? I’m really confused

OK, so things I’d check first:

• drivers for the GPU
  • ensure the performance mode is on, should look like this, roughly:

Can’t tell for sure what caused the proper GPU to become unresponsive but at the moment you do not have UE4 issue, you have a hardware issue. :frowning: The operating system cannot even see the 6700 unfortunately.

I can confirm that those are correct. It say the best drivers are already installed and I already have it switched on for maximum performance.

Yes, I can