Details look better in editor than in play testing

I’m making a game that is made up of a lot of small tiles on screen. The lighting and shadows look great in the editor, and details are crisp, but when I play test the game everything gets crushed and looks pretty awful because they’re so small. What settings do I need to change to get the play test to look like the editor? I’m using version 5.3.2.

you got any screenshots to look at? detail loss can have multiple reasons. texture mipmapping, depth of field, camera and post processing settings in general.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 114424
Screenshot 2024-01-20 114403

These images are a little small, but they show how details in the editor are cleaner and sharper, while the game has crushed them a bit. I’m now thinking it might have to do with the resolution the play tester runs at, but I’m not sure how to change that.

the black pixels around the rings? is this real geometry? then… this looks like a shadow artefact. depthbias or slope bias of the light might fix that. or a different AA method. kinda not sure. could also be to much detail for distance fields to work properly.

It was the viewport resolution for play testing, I found it in the editor performance section of the editor preferences. But since it only looks good at 4k I should probably make my models a little less detailed lol.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.