[DEPRECATED] Marketplace FAQ and Guidelines

Hey James!

1. Only for major number releases. A 4.10 project will be compatible with 4.10.1, or 4.10.2.
  2. Within 45 days following the month you exceeded $100. So for January sales you’ll be paid in March.
  3. The marketplace changed from $15 pricing to $14.99 pricing a while ago.
  4. So long as you have permission from the other seller, I don’t see why not. Collaboration is something that I believe would be beneficial to all, both consumers and sellers.
  5. At the moment I don’t believe so. I’ve requested this in the past.

Hope this answers your questions, let us know if you have any more!

Hey thankyou very much for the reply, also sorry my question was worded all wrong about pricing I meant prices like 17.99 as opposed to 19.99. Also thankyou very much that’s answered what I was wondering :smiley:

Happy to help! Yeah the pricing has to be in increments of 5, I mistakenly thought you were referring to even pricing such as $15 as opposed to $14.99. Let us know if you have any more questions! =)

Okay thankyou very much

Does anybody know if Code Components ( UActorComponent ) are accepted by marketplace?
Those C++ components we can create in Editor, not packaged inside a plugin system…

Following this question, is there any way to know how much earnings to spect from publishing an item on the marketplace ?

I’m from Germany and would like to submit content to the Marketplace. In my Epic account under Tax Information is a “Tax ID” field which I think in my case would be for an ITIN number. My current understanding is that Epic will subtract 30% withholding tax from my earnings (in addition to the 30% Epic fee) if I don’t provide an ITIN. Is that understanding correct?
I would like to have official confirmation from Epic about this, because it will cost me time and money to get an ITIN number.

Hey Paranoio!

As of December of last year, you are able to see live sales data for all of your marketplace content in the Seller Profile.

Hey Theokoles!

Epic doesn’t withhold taxes for the United States, so I wouldn’t imagine they’d do it elsewhere. We have to pay the taxes on our own. Any EU content creator feel free to correct me if I’m wrong though.

In this thread, they say that an ITIN is needed, otherwise withholding tax is automatically paid: US > Canada: Withholding Tax - Marketplace - Unreal Engine Forums

I’ve got problem with creation of my seller profile. This dialog appears Przechwytywanie.PNG.
What should I do ?

Hey robal911s!

There was an issue with the seller profile for a while, all of us were locked out for a few hours. It seems to have resolved itself, try logging out and back in and see if it is still giving you the same error or has cleared up.

Ok. Now everythink works well.:slight_smile:

So according to the FAQ, C++ Content is not accepted yet but i just found this on the marketplace? Multiplayer First Person Shooter Kit in Blueprints - UE Marketplace

Hello!

I had a question regarding the sale of marketplace content requiring free plugins. I am working on a material pack making use of Allegorithmic Substance’s plugin, is it possible to sell a marketplace content requiring this plugin to be installed?

Thanks a lot!

Can we get some more info regarding code plugins? File and project structure, source, binaries, anything really. There is nothing in the submission guideliness related to them.

Are code plugins finally allowed in the marketplace?

We are accepting plugin submissions now and we’re looking to have them out very soon. So if you have a plugin submission go ahead and send that in :slight_smile:

Great news :slight_smile:

Is this website legal?

LINK REMOVED

No. This is a pirate, thank you for bringing this to my attention.