[DEPRECATED] Marketplace FAQ and Guidelines

Exactly :wink:

i would guess is not true, you free to submit your content for any engine or marketplace, but you cannot use unreal marketplace content in any other engine or marketplaces, because iā€™m as content creator for marketplace, can use epic content as part of my, like mannequin, and with this asset all other parts of terms of use as ā€œnot allowed for any other engineā€ activates.

Hi, just donā€™t know where to ask properly, but try here. I submitted my project almost two weeks ago and got only automated answer that my project was recieved, after a week I bumped to the marketplace e-mail about the status but still no answer. Just curious the approx time when you usually get any answer from the Epicā€™s marketplace team? Thanks!

Catching up!

Humorously enough, the coming soon column is itself coming soon. :slight_smile: Weā€™re updating the launcher with the features of the web Marketplace ā€“ search, comments, and ratings ā€“ in the near future, and weā€™ll be adding more categories as well, including a coming soon section once we determine the best way to present it. Currently there isnā€™t a public-facing list of upcoming content.

There are currently no plans to publish free content to the Marketplace, with the exception of Epic-produced content, or code plugins in some cases.

Officially, you can use any content you purchase on the Marketplace anywhere you like, except for Epicā€™s content.

Hello, teho! Whatā€™s the name of your submission? Iā€™ll take a look at this and make sure you get a response ASAP. Sorry for the delay!

Hi,
Can these assets be used as Mods for current games (Ark Survival) as long as they are free to use?

I just wasnā€™t sure with how this is worded, I think it would be okay but wanted to check:

Hey Izion,

This post from should help answer your question. =)

Hi SE_JonF,

Iā€™m a little unsure on the ā€œcook the content manuallyā€ part, as in I assume this is different to cooking it with the Ark Dev Kit but will keep an eye open for the coming guide. Thanks for pointing this out :slight_smile:

Izion

Hey Izion,

Anytime! I believe will expound upon that soon. =)

What is the typical time frame between submission and review approval to release date for content submissions nowadays?

Hi there!

It really depends. We are getting a lot of submissions, but we have tightened up our review and legal process so that all of this goes much faster. The biggest delay then comes from the amount of people we then have to release. So for right now Iā€™d say on average (without any technical or major delays): 1 week for initial review, 1 to 2 weeks for review and paperwork to clear if all goes well and then you should only have to wait 3 weeks for your release date. So in total for right now the timeline is about 45-60 days from start to finish.

We are looking for ways that we can release more content throughout the week and we are starting to release more and more each week so this process should go faster as we work to improve things. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Can i, for blueprint oriented marketplace item, borrow few (3-5) effects from infinity blade collections, deconstruct and refactor them slightly and use as part of showcase level as example how to use some blueprint systems which product would have. Estimated folder size 5 mb.

Hi CriErr! As long as the FX are for demonstration purposes, and donā€™t make up the majority of your submission, that should be fine. Thanks for asking!

Is there a statistic for marketplace? Were you can see wich one was bought how many times and stuff like that?

At the moment - no. But seller portal with such functionality has been in development for quite some time and you can see first iteration here, no stats at the moment thoughā€¦

How is that works with updates, i submit the project and then, after 30 days, you guys may say - ā€œyep itā€™s fineā€, what if on that moment i have an update or even rework for some stuff in that project?

At that point, you can just send in your update, weā€™ll take a look at it just to make sure everything functions properly and then just update your files for release!

Can someone pls rename my thread _:c i PN Mods aleady and stuff!

Pls rename it to Tomb Creator :3

Wen will we be able to buy Plugins?
Still the only one I see is Substance plugin.
Also when project is updated to an engine version which thereā€™s no Substance plugin installed, engine should remove the plugins that arenā€™t found from the .uproject file and stop trying to load it :confused:

Yeah, I had an issue with a game jam project, where someone loaded the project into their editor, which had Substance installed. Despite not using it for anything, the editor decided to write the Substance dependency into the uproject file, which prevented it from loading on other machines which didnā€™t have Substance installed!

Hey Iā€™ve still got a few questions after going through the FAQ a few times

1. So just to make sure, I only need to have my assets updated to engine releases ending in .0, so 4.8, 4.9, etc, not 4.81, 4.82, etc?
  2. If you are allowed to speculate or answer on this I was wondering what the typical timeframe is for a content developer to be paid?
  3. I could only price my assets in increments of $5 but have seen less even pricing around, why might this be?
  4. Is cross promotion agreed with another seller okay on a products page? E.g ā€˜this goes great with thisā€™
  5. Lastly is it possible to offer a discount to previous/new buyers of an asset for another asset Iā€™ve released?

Sorry for all the questions! Any answers are greatly appreciated