Darker Nodes - Modern theme for the Unreal Editor

@wickerman123 Oh, I didn’t notice… It will be fixed for the next version! Add settings to change the nodes padding · Issue #109 · hugoattal/DarkerNodes · GitHub

Good day, I have the same issue with menus, and Im using version 2.6 for Darker Nodes and UE4 4.25.4 . also if I do FixElements it just says it Failed to Save for all elements!

Update: I think I know what is happening, your Plugin don’t like Multiple Projects Open while using Darker Nodes, Some things get Broken.
Closing both Projects and opening just one allowed me to fix Elements and get the menu Fixed!

Nice :)!

I’m taking note of the bug with several opened projects, but I don’t think I’ll be able to do anything about this… Does the fix elements fixed it for both projects and make it work while both are opened?

For some reason, icons are not working for me on 4.27.1.

Found another user which reported this issue, as the FMOD plugin conflicting. I found a solution to this. Move everything out of the FColorizer constructor, to Color(). Remove the lambda for PostEngineInit, instead just include it in Color(). Move everything in StartupModule to a new function called OnPostEngineInit. Bind new raw to OnPostEngineInit to this function instead. Change LoadingPhase to Default in uplugin.

Yep, FMod erase the style of Darker Nodes (and every other plugins), I already reported it here: FMODStudioEditor erase previously updated style · Issue #62 · fmod/ue4integration · GitHub

Thank you for your solution! I won’t update Darker Nodes as it’s not quite a proper solution (the proper way would be that the FMod plugin update themes correctly), but that might help other people having the issue!

Ah, thanks so much! I didn’t see that issue page, I found a copy of it on another site which didn’t include the temp fix and FMOD issue link. Thanks so much for the additional reference about the FMOD fix.

I’m having an issue like this after the recent update:

Also; please have a discord channel for support topics. Forums are… bad :frowning_face:

Hey! Did you try this by any chance?

• Go to Edit/Editor Preferences/Plugins/Darker Nodes Plugin
  • Click Fix Missing Elements (if the checkbox stay unchecked, it’s normal)

About Discord, I think it’s more useful when you need support while using the plugins. In the case of Darker Nodes, it’s more like a plug-and-play plugin, so I’m not sure if it’s that useful… In the case of bugs

For bug report, there’s still GitHub: GitHub - hugoattal/DarkerNodes: Modern theme for the Unreal editor

Screenshot_1
It is a bit complicated reading comments, is there a way to change the font color on simple comments only? Colored comments are readable, but these common ones are not readable.

Oh sorry for this! What version of the engine are you using? I’ll update Darker Nodes to be able to specify font color for some specific locations.

I’m sorry for the late reply, I created an account here just for this topic so I’m a bit lost with notifications haha. I’m using UE5 5.0.3 at the moment. Thanks for your attention!

I have buyed your tool on friday and I have only one problem: The comment bubbles are very dark (I use UE5):
Is there a solution for it?

And an other question: How can I use your icons?

You’re not the first one hitting this bug, sorry for this, I’ll push a fix early next week…

thank you so much for the fix!

1 Like

Hi, I just bought the plugin for UE5 but in its settings I can’t find the “Primary Color” setting, seen in the documentation. Is there a way to change it somehow?

Thanks

Hello! Are you using the UE4 or UE5?
Darker Nodes was completely reworked for UE5 and some options changed.

Also, if you want a feature that was in UE4 to be added in UE5, I can probably add it!

I’m using the UE5 version. Proper UI for Primary Color would be nice but for now I’d be happy even with editing configuration files or something.

In 5.1 the theme Luminosity settings seems broken: adjusting it keeps increasing brightness after each change. Setting it back to 0 does not resets luminosity.

EDIT: Applying the Default Light preset over and over also keeps increasing brightness.

So, to change the color you need to update the Hue settings in Darker Nodes

Hum, I see that the color update seems to be broken in 5.1… Feels like the color reset of the Unreal Engine is not working. I’ll fix that as soon as possible! A restart of the engine should fix it temporary, but you’ll still get this bug.

Thank you for pointing it out!